Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Jewish Economics & Religious Partners

I would like to get back to the Jewish Economics series I started a few weeks ago; this being the end of the month, and our finally having kept track of just about everything we spent money on, I should have an idea of how this month went and have at least one month's worth of data. It is absolutely mind-boggling how it adds up so quickly, even when I think we do a good job of projecting our expenses.

Meanwhile, I wanted to make one quick note about work. I don't blog about my company, and am not doing so here, really - I just found recent events interesting. Our company's primary managing partner, who is Jewish but not religious, announced his retirement recently. The person he is nominating, and the Executive Board seems to be unanimously in favor of to replace him is a religious Jew. This means that a religious Jew will be the top man in what is one of the, if not the, largest branch of one of the largest accounting firms in this country... and nobody blinked an eye. And while our company has quite its fair share of Jews and religious Jews which may make it less of a surprise, I think the reaction would have been much the same no matter what race or religion the new managing partner would have been. I think that's a great positive of this firm. It truly seems to be all about performance (and obviously, attitude), and doesn't seem to have some of the back-stabbing and games you hear about from some other places and in other professions.

I often hear people complain about their work environment, and perhaps if you ask me in the middle of March, I'll complain as well. But so far, so good.

3 comments:

  1. You are a lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing you get back to the Jewish Econ series. Those little expenses really do add up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ezzzzzzzziieee, buddy ol pal.

    When march comes by, can I send you to do my taxes?

    ReplyDelete