Pages

Friday, August 01, 2008

Shabbos in Teaneck

This one's for B. :)

We're in the wonderful world of Teaneck for Shabbos at our good friends B & JB. In case people didn't realize how hard it is to travel with two children, here's the packing list for Shabbos-part of Sunday:
  • One suitcase with all our clothes that don't go on hangers, phone chargers, our toiletries, brushes, et al
  • Suit, shirt (sometimes I fold it), and a skirt of Serach's on hangers
  • Bag with wipes, diaper cloths, bibs, etc. - anything that doesn't fit in the...
  • Diaper bag with diapers for two kids and some other kid stuff
  • Snap 'n go base for Kayla
  • Elianna's blanket, Kayla's blanket
  • Pack 'n play for Elianna to sleep in (Kayla will sleep in her Snap 'n go carseat, which is also obviously being brought)
  • Shaitel box {snort} [sometimes Ser wears it to save space]
  • Bouncy seat [nice one, folds well at least] and the bar/cover for it
And of course, parking in Teaneck is even worse than KGH on an Erev Shabbos...

...but, once in a while, it's nice to get away and see friends. :)

12 comments:

  1. (sometimes I fold it)

    Otherwise you jam it under the seat somewhere?

    And also - wait til they're bigger. The stuff actually increases. And the kids take up more room in the car. And they also learn how to pinch and pull hair.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother still brags about how, when my two siblings and I were young, she could pack for all three of us in one carry-on bag--for a week-long trip.

    Maybe my current overpacking neuroses come from a deep-seated need to balance that out. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother's favorite story about driving to NJ is when I was a toddler and my brother was a baby and it was nighttime and my dad wasn't with us and she got lost and it was before cell phones. And apparently I wanted apple juice.

    Anyway, ever since then my mom has hated driving to/in NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom used to drive to NY by herself with the 4 of us kids and enough stuff for 8 people. Good times...good times...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...

    You were in Teaneck and didn't TELL us?

    ReplyDelete
  6. one shirt? What about spit ups? Or do you stay away from the kids?

    and car seats aren't for sleeping, unless you're driving. It's like a straight-jacket, prevents moving and muscle development.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you're finally beginning to understand why we never go anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i dont wear my sheitel BOX! ad considering that we have 2 kids i packed pretty compact. ALL the clothes for both girls and myself, and your clothes in one small rollie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps. she was sleeping in her bouncy NOT her car-seat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. by the way
    this is the first I hear of ....Kayla!!
    Mazel Tov!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Add formula, medications and food for kids who are allergic to everything...I have to cook even when I go away for shabbos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apple - Thanks. :P

    SJ - LOL. That explains so much...!

    Erachet - I think EVERYONE hates driving in NJ...!

    SaraK - Oy! I don't know what's worse - 4 kids, stuff for 8, or... driving to NY. {shudder}

    TypoLad - We TOLD you we were going to be there when we visited you. Plus, y'all are a bit busy, no?

    Batya - One Shabbos shirt. We use diaper cloths well. :) She slept in the bouncy in the end, but if we're stuck for a night, we'll use a car seat (not neccesarily strapped in).

    RM - Oh, yes. :)

    Serach - I said it was good!

    TOWIK - Tsk tsk. :P

    LB - Yeah, my sis has that issue (three kids with Seliac). Oysh.

    ReplyDelete