Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Realized the glitch

Sorry to anyone who has had problems reading SerandEz lately.
[Ezzie: This is a boring technical post. Sorry - just wanted to explain what happened, and that there shouldn't be any more problems of this sort.]
I don't know how many others had this problem, but I did... When using Firefox as my browser, I noticed that my posts were either being shown in full; missing small parts; or both. On IE this didn't seem to be a problem as often. I finally realized that when I put in the code that puts only the first portion of the post on the main page, if it was in middle of a quote the code confused itself; cutting off parts of paragraphs while leaving the whole post on the homepage. To any other bloggers using Firefox (or even not): Don't put the fullpost code in the middle of a blockquote, or Firefox, and some IE users, might not be able to read the post properly.
Oh - and yes, I am becoming more and more impressed with Firefox over IE, despite this glitch.

3 comments:

  1. I stopped using firefox, partially because it was impossible to blog with it. It would take hours for the posts to be seen and problems with colors and templates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had those problems... I have noticed that on Macs my blog looks differently, but that was in IE.

    ReplyDelete