Pages

Monday, March 03, 2008

My Sleeping Habits are up for Discussion

Ez: Ed's take. Hehe.
1. How much sleep do you get on an average night?
Usually 7, but it has to be less than 4 or more than 5.

2. Is that enough sleep for you?
YES, with some help from caffeine.

3. At what time do you normally go to sleep and wake up?
Anytime between 12-2. And I aim for the 8:30 minyan on most days.

4. Do you usually fall asleep right away or have trouble?
Lot's of trouble. Tossing and turning and whatnot.

5. What size bed do you have?
Twin at home, that weird YU size in school.

6. How many pillows do you use?
Two, or three. Any less and I crumple the blanket up and stick it under the pillow to make up the difference.

7. In what position do you sleep?
I usually fall asleep on my side, and wake up on my stomach.

8. Do you need it to be quiet or dark to sleep?
Nope!

9. Do you use earplugs or an eye mask?
No, What if I forgot it was on. I'd be blind!

10. Have you ever used a sleeping aid long-term?
Never used any.

11. Do you use headgear, a night retainer, or a biteplate?
I was supposed to when I was younger, but I was afraid of being stigmatized.

12. What do you normally wear to bed?
T-shirt and shorts or boxers.

13. Do you frequently fall asleep in your clothing?

Not usually, but occasionally.

14. Do you prefer a heavy or light blanket?
LIGHT. I'd always rather be cold than hot.

15. Do you prefer warm or cool PJs?
Cool. I like it cooool when I sleep.

16. Do you wear socks to bed?
No, but my feet have to be covered.

17. What is your bedtime routine?
Go to the bathroom, shower if it's not too late, brush my teeth. Then usually turn on a cartoon and watch it for a while. Then complain I can't sleep, then shut my computer and go to sleep.

18. Do you listen to music when you’re falling asleep?
Or play a tv show, I just need noise.

19. Have you sucked your thumb in recent years?
Nope! Don't want that overbite back...

20. Do you still sleep with your childhood blankie/teddy?

Nope. But they're packed up in an attic. Great blankie!!

21. Do you snore?
Like a trucker ;)

22. Do you sleeptalk or sleepwalk?
Yeah, apparently a lot.

23. Do you wake up to use the bathroom often?
Never, I'm like a camel.

24. What things inhabit your bed aside from a blanket and pillow?
Right not a padfolio, 2 hangers, and a textbook

25. What kind of alarm clock do you use?
My 2 cell phones each have multiple alarms. And my roommate uses Itunes.

26. Do you ever wake up before your alarm?
Yeah, but usually like a half hour before, so I wind up going back to sleep.

27. Do you frequently take naps?
Only during class :)

28. Have you ever slept ‘under the stars’?
If they put air conditioning under the stars I'd consider it.

29. Can you fall asleep on a bus, train, or airplane?
I've fallen asleep standing before.

30. Have you ever fallen asleep and missed your stop?
Nope, but that's because most of my stops are at the end of the line.

And last, but not least,
31. Over the course of a lifetime, the average person swallows six spiders in his/her sleep. How many do you think you're up to?
Gross....But I'm a big guy so I've probably swallowed more spiders than the average guy.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Run that math by me again?
    2. Tsk, tsk. What do you do on fast days?
    9. You'd reach up to rub your eyes and figure it out, I'd imagine.
    22. This must be great entertainment for your roommates. :-P
    27. I used to nap in class too, but it was involuntary.

    ReplyDelete