Pages

Monday, July 31, 2006

Rally Starting Now in Kew Gardens Hills

There is a pro-Israel rally that's about to start just off Main Street on Vleigh Place in Kew Gardens Hills (about a minute from here). It's across from the strip of restaurants and stores, if you know Main Street at all. We're about to go, thanks to my grandfather's reminder of a call... if you're there, feel free to come over and introduce yourself. We're the ones with the really cute baby. :)

It was organized by the Queens Jewish Community Council, and should represent a nice swath of the Jewish community.

7 comments:

  1. Ah man..I would have gone had i known

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry guys - my bad. I posted it last week, and completely forgot about it until my grandfather called me at 6:30 today. I'll write more about it tomorrow if I have time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you went Ezzie. Can you put a special post on today about the need for more prayers and less loshon hara - the IDF is going on a full scale offensive for the next few days (the 7th, 8th, and 9th of Av!) and personally it is scaring me to death. I think we need as many mitzvot on our side as we can get! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And to add a note - I am not just scared for our soldiers here, I am scared for the Jews all over the world. Many people are going to be angry at Jews because of this - especially after they thought we were going to stop fighting in Lebanon after Quana, and if an attack can happen in America....well, you get my drift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, WBM. I'm afraid you're all too right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many people showed up? Are there any pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  7. FWQ - I'm having computer trouble, so I can't upload the pics yet. When I do I'll put up a short post.

    ReplyDelete