Pages

Friday, February 08, 2008

Quotes 45 and 46

Here's your lechem mishneh:
The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.
Robert Frost
(so I have heard...but since I do not work, I cannot vouch for the quote...but I am sure Ezzie can).

In certain kinds of writing, particularly in art criticism, it is normal to come across long passages which are almost completely lacking in meaning.
George Orwell.
(Yeah, I can vouch for this one)

Oh, and in case you are wondering why I have not really posted much on my blog...well, life has been pretty busy lately (academically, socially, etc.) but things should slow down now for a bit on the academic front. Here's a picture of my nightstand. It's basically my to-do list! I'm in for a fun couple of weeks.Have a great shabbos!

2 comments:

  1. FYI, that middle book on the right is real crap. I have a whole slew of essays on an old hard drive explaining why he's a complete moron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding the first quote:
    I think Ezzie's brain doesn't start working until after work, when he finally is awake

    Also, the picture isn't loading on my computer

    ReplyDelete