Pages

Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's A Lot Nicer Today...

...than it was two years ago today.
March 9th, 2004, was one of the best - and craziest - days of my life. Here's the story of the day Serach & I were engaged...
I was under strict warnings: Serach wanted to be surprised, she did not want me to get her a ring (we'd get it together later on), and... ...okay, that was pretty much what I was working with. But never being the one to surprise her in a normal fashion, I figured I'd have fun when I proposed to her - and go a bit over the top, while I was at it. But before I write about the actual proposal, I have to give a bit of background to our story.
4 months earlier...
"Hey, Jon - you know anybody flying to Israel for January break? There are these companion tickets, but I'm leaving earlier than everybody else in Lander."

"Well, I actually know this girl who's going around then - her name is Serach. Do you mind going with a female?" [Ed: This is how he talks. Sorry.]

"No, what do I care? I don't care who I'm sitting next to on the plane, I just want to get there."

"All right, I'll have her speak to you, and you guys can try and work it out."
Well, it didn't end up working out - she was still looking to go either before or after when I was, and actually didn't end up going at all. I went for nine days and had an amazing time - but by then, I was pretty sure I knew who I would be spending the rest of my life with.

Ezzie: Wow. When I started to write this, I was just planning on posting the engagement itself; but it really makes no sense without the background. I'm just going to make this into a series, with a new installment every day or two for the next week or so. Thanks to MCAryeh, Jack, Mirty, and Robert, who inspired me to do this - even though they don't know it. Hope everyone enjoys and gets a bit of the excitement, fun, and happiness that I felt out of reading this.

Powered by WebAds