Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

Bring Out Your Dead

+2 if you know the next line!

It's been a busy week, what with Purim and all. On Motzei Shabbos, I'll be assisting in running the third annual WITS Alumni 2-on-2 Tournament (Marty Madness 2.0, as former NBA player Marty Conlon is joining up again this year) at Chofetz Chaim in Kew Gardens Hills, as the alumni director Jay had a baby this week and can't fly in for it. The video from last year's is here.

Hopefully it'll be fun and go off without any hitches.

Best part is that sometime after that, and before 11am the next morning, I have to prepare for my fantasy baseball draft. I only just last night was able to start analyzing anything and figure out who I want at #3... A-Rod not being in the draft stinks, as it's unlikely Hanley Ramirez will be there for me to take. As of now I'm thinking that Ramirez and Pujols will be 1-2, which means I can choose from Wright, Utley, Reyes, or someone else. I don't want Reyes, and Utley's hip is enough of a concern coupled with plenty of 2B depth all around that Wright is my likely pick, though Sizemore, Manny, and Braun are enticing. Hard to justify taking an OF there, though.

I have a feeling that a lot of good pitchers will be undervalued in the draft, and I'm typically a fan of guys who have multiple positions because of the added flexibility it gives me. If Braun had 3B eligibility, I'd probably lean toward him. Of course, as Rea knows, the guy with the #1 pick loves Braun and might just take him, which would leave me Hanley or Pujols. That would be amazing.

Have a great Shabbos!

2 comments: