Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Aged

In case people have not noticed, I've been (and will continue to be) on vacation for a little while from blogging, at least anything of substance. Even hobbies can use a vacation sometimes. We're in the process of thinking about, if not doing, a lot of things around here, some more serious, many less serious but equally as time-consuming. The past week consisted of Purim, Marty Madness 2.0, our annual fantasy baseball draft, a quieter but still full Shabbos, and taking a car full of Pesach dishes and a beautiful set of books from my grandparents' apartment, and more; the next week will be helping them move out, another (less serious) draft, March Madness, figuring out where to put things/moving lots of things to storage, helping Serach develop her businesses a bit more, and really starting to plan the future a lot more closely. Oh, and Elianna is turning three (!!) years old in a week, which is slightly insane.

I am feeling very old at the moment... it's easy to forget that we're still just 25 years old.

I also hope to make an announcement later in the week about something we're really excited about.

11 comments:

  1. You do have a lot of responsibility for a 25 year old.
    Looking forward to hearing your announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am feeling very old at the moment... it's easy to forget that we're still just 25 years old." - yes, ancient... ;)

    (what's the weather like in qveens these days? i don't know what to pack!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're only old if you let yourself be. Having two really cute kids doesn't make you ancient, ya know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having two kid does make you that old and don't let anyone tell you different. You're fat too

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can always count on Special Ed being nice. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is all perspective. I hear you say that 25 is old and smile because I'm 7 weeks out from being 40.

    My buddy laughs when I say that 40 sounds old because he is about to turn 50.

    I suppose the big question for all of us is whether we enjoy our lives or not. That makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SR - Thanks. Me too :)

    ~Sarah~ - It's NYC. Pack for 50 and rain. :P

    Erachet - I said I *feel* old, that's all!

    Ed - LOL. At least I don't have to work out for a wedding. :D

    Jack - For sure it's all perspective. Like I said, I *feel* old, though I know I'm pretty young. And amen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, what if you're a quarter of a century old, Ezzie!?

    Actually you've done beautifully for yourself already: a lovely wife, 2 wonderful children, good friends, a steady income.

    May the Mazel continue to be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I said I *feel* old, that's all!

    And I said that you shouldn't feel overly old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pearl - I guess unemployment is as steady as it gets... :P

    Anon - LOL! Nope.



    I said that people would guess three things, and so far they've guessed all three a number of times. All of them are wrong, but it's funny. :)

    ReplyDelete