Pages

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ezzie's Blog Roundup, 5/17: The Answer is No

The question: Do you ever sleep? No, sadly I don't seem to. Thank God, I was blessed with not needing as much as other people; cursed with the inability to sleep unless I'm exhausted; and stuck with the realization that it's a horrible cycle I'll be stuck in for a long time.

Anyways, on to the roundup:

First, check out these and these. Then...
Ze'ev blogs about why he loves Israel, utilizing a truly poignant quote from Yair Lapid. Excerpt:
The second largest Israeli city is Tel Aviv; followed by Haifa, Beer Sheva, Holon, etc. New York would be somewhere on the list, but pretty far down. In the final analysis, the majority of Israelis prefer to live in Israel...

It’s not that there are no alternatives... But most of us don’t leave and that’s not something to sniff at...

The big question is why? What is this country giving them that does not show up in the statistics?

...The prime minister is wasting his time and ours when he promises us that in another four years this will be a wonderful place to live. We have chosen this place.
WestBankMama tells the story of how she decided to make Aliyah - during the Lebanon War. Wow - so many incredible people, WBM among them. Excerpt:
I then spent a long time trying to get a ride from there - unsuccessfully. A young girl of about twelve approached me and asked if I needed help. I explained the situation in my very rudimentary Hebrew, and after a pause she crooked her finger at me, signalling that I should follow her. She took me to her house and the family gave me - a complete stranger - a room for the night and both dinner and breakfast.
AskShifra is back to answering questions.

Yitzchak thanks the ACLU.

And Meryl now knows how to solve phone issues.

A hilarious post from AbbaGav on the hazards of quick questions.
Check it out!

8 comments:

  1. at least you make good use of the time while others are snoring away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Depends on your definition... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. let's just say that your blog roundups are a valuable community service!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ezzie - and I hope others are writing their stories and sending me their links...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you want pity, lol. Most people would kill to be able to go without sleep. Consider yourself blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wishing i could sleep instead of lying in bed, tossing, turning, looking at ceiling, walking through house, chastising cat for having a hairball on sofa, drinking glass of milk, padding down hallway to try sleeping again. failing. hunting for benadryl, finding "lost" necklace instead... and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's how I started blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete