Pages

Monday, May 22, 2006

Debating, Debating

For a while now, I've been debating. With all the allegations of abuse currently floating through the Jewish world, I've been debating. There are true stories, and there are false stories. And I keep debating...

Why am I debating? Because I know. I know the true story of one such person*. And I know the lessons we can all learn from how that person was handled. And because the consequences of not telling, of people not learning from the mistakes of others, can be devastating. But the consequences of telling can possibly hurt those who people have been protecting for years. Then again, not acting has come back to bite those people later on. Such as this past weekend. And isn't that the point anyway? That these stories must be told, to make sure they never happen again?

...And I continue debating.

* Just to be clear: This story does not involve me directly. I merely have first-hand knowledge of it.

Powered by WebAds