Sunday, May 14, 2006

Ah, Mothers

I'm not really into the whole "Mother's Day" (or Father's Day, for that matter) concept, but since everyone else is... I have to go with the flow or get in trouble.

So, to the two most important mothers in my life, here are fitting quotes that I found.

To my Mom, who still wishes my hair were long, red, and curly so she could play with it - but wonders why I can't look things up myself, especially stuff she's already sent me:
It kills you to see them grow up.
But I guess it would kill you quicker if they didn't.
And to my dear wife Serach, who recently gave birth to our incredibly cute, wonderful baby girl Elianna:
The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
And for both, though more my mother:
A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest.
Happy Mother's Day, Mommies!

Powered by WebAds