Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Quotes from the Weekend

Memphis II's status: Sometimes there's just too much month left at the end of the money.
Me: You should have come to my presentation. :)
MII: I knew you'd like that one. :)
Cleaning lady: {looking around} I can't remember what I'm looking for...!
Me: Oh yeah, happens all the time. Then you see the thing and are like "Oh, that's what I was looking for!"
CL: {looks up, sees it, shakes her head}
Me: Found it?
CL: Yup. [pause] I stopped drinking because I thought it was affecting my memory, but it's still just as bad. I'm going to start drinking again.
Elianna (3): Can I have lipstick?
Serach: Sorry, it's Shabbos, and it's muktzah. You can't have any.
Elianna: Who made it muktzah?
Serach: Hashem.
Elianna {looks skyward}: Hashem, can I have lipstick? I really want lipstick...!

5 comments:

  1. That's crap. I didn't have a line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you did, but you might get in trouble. :)

    I knew there were more, but I can't remember them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and sometimes, my child, the answer is no...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elianna next will demand a fully supply of rabbinically approved "Shabbos makeup." No lipstick, but lip powder -- so I've been told.

    ReplyDelete