Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Internet Explorers - Help?

Apparently SerandEz is not loading properly for people who still use Internet Explorer*. If anyone can think of or knows of any reasons this may be, please let me know - I have no idea what could be causing this, and am not aware of any changes I may have made that could have.

Can anyone pinpoint if it's something specific or at a specific point where it won't load?

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE1: Via Blogger Help:
Some users are seeing an 'Operation Aborted' error message when trying to load their blogs from Internet Explorer. We're looking into this and will update this message when we have a fix.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
That's what I saw when I switched to IE. Hopefully when they figure it out, things will be okay.

UPDATE2: Jameel tried taking off the "Followers" widget, and that seems to have worked; I'm doing the same. Please let me know if it's better (or if it's not). Thanks!

* Princess D'Tiara questions why anyone still uses IE, but we'll be nice. :)

11 comments:

  1. Temporary solution for IE:
    Go to Tools, Internet Options, Security Tab, click on Restricted Sites, click on Sites, and add "sitemeter.com". That should work for the meantime.

    Permanent solution:
    Uh, Firefox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Temp: It's the SiteMeter? That's so weird.

    Perm: LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Permanent Solution: Buy a Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So that's why I was able to wash the dishes, sweep the floor, and throw a kugel in the oven while waiting for you to load. Then I realized something was off and went to sleep. Seems to be fine now.

    Happy Yom Yerushalayim and Shabbat Shalom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. But your blog still doesn't let me go back to mine--I have to re-sign in or open a new tab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely improved navigating to and fro from your blog. I tried to do the same, but it's only showing add following and no way to delete following. Advice please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ProfK - You don't have it enabled. You should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny you mention this. IE has refused to work with a ton of sites I typically visit. I mean, even more than usual. Meanwhile, the Firefox works perfectly with all sites. I think Microsoft IE is quickly being left behind. I'm going to make Firefox my default browser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ari - Definitely go for it. You'll be happier. A long time ago I wrote a few pieces on Why Firefox Rocks. Check them out (though it may be a bit outdated, most of the addons are still there and great).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually, forget most of those.

    My faves:

    All-in-one Sidebar.
    Colorful Tabs.
    IE Tab (just to test pages in IE at this point).
    XMarks (if you have multiple computers).

    ReplyDelete