Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Double-D Dinner: Infinite Bassur

As mentioned earlier, I went to Dougie's tonight with InfiniteBassur. Before we ordered, he invited Dave and Debbie to join us. Dave is from Milwaukee as well, and Debbie is from New York (nebach). This blog came up while we were eating; so did a couple of others, namely PsychoToddler and his clan. Apparently, he's the best, and coolest, Doc. [Doc as in MD, not Doc as in Doc, before Doc gets insulted.]

InfiniteBassur complained that I never write about him in my blog, though he's never read it, so I'll relate a story from one of the many Shalosh Seudot that he has eaten by our apartment. We normally have about 8-10 people for Shalosh Seudos, Infinite Bassur one of them. Serach likes to place a thin plastic on the tablecloth (yes, yes, no shidduchim for our children when people ask about this very important detail...) by most meals so the tablecloth doesn't get ruined. We had used a plastic for both of the previous Shabbos meals, and had thrown out the plastics. For Shalosh Seudos, because we weren't really serving all that much, she asked that everyone just be careful rather than clearing everything off the table to place another plastic down. Within minutes, we heard the following exchange:
Guest1 (jumping back from table): Oh man, did you just spill?!

InfiniteBassur: Noooo... and it's NOT dripping onto the rug, either!
Suffice it to say, Serach was none too pleased. Because it was InfiniteBassur, she made him take the tablecloth after Shabbos; wash it in the Lander washing machines; and give it back. Hilarious (though mean). And InfiniteBassur still comes back every week we're here, including this coming week iyH.

Back to tonight's dinner... Debbie and Dave are really nice, and hopefully we'll see more of them in the future. And I'm not just saying that because they're going to read this. :) Dave I have known since high school, Debbie I just met tonight - and right away, one can see they make a very good couple. They're also both artistic, drawing some cute Double-D monogram-type drawings on the Dougie's tables with the provided crayons. Perhaps because they were there, the waitresses were all exceedingly nice. I've always found them to be very nice (except for a couple of rare occurences), but InfiniteBassur thinks that a couple of them 'hate' him - he's the expert, because he has his own special table by the TV for Monday Night Football/All You Can Eat - though then again, maybe it's just him.

Speaking of football, it appears that the Rams are going to beat the Cowboys, which will give me my 4th pool win of the season. It's times like these that I feel stupid: I used a (good) system almost all season, and won twice (one of them a tie) in fifteen weeks. The two weeks I did the picks without the system, I won outright. I'm either smarter than I thought, or God is laughing upstairs. I'm going with the latter - but at least I made $265 on it this season... :)

Enough rambling. I have work to do, (snicker) okay, blogs to read, roundups to write, and bills to pay. Layla Tov!

5 comments:

  1. If that's a picture of InfiniteBassur, then I'm pretty sure I'm putting him through college. At least, my kids' teeth are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep :)

    If he does switch to MIT, don't be surprised if your bills go up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry; I have 3 more kids with crooked teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picked da Bears to beat Da Vikings---- who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah - I had the Vikings. And I won my pool this week :)

    Welcome to the show, Mrs. B. When are you going to join the family feud over the Best Humor Award?

    ReplyDelete