I was bored during class. It's called "Teaching the Arts and Physical Education," and while the teacher is cute, the class is DEAD! there are only 4 girls and some don't always show up... so i go to thinking. Why not write a meme? Here it is folks. Feel free to critique it, or tag yourself, though i'm tagging Serach, Ezzie, Corner, Scraps, and Madd. Enjoy!
1. How much sleep do you get on an average night?
7 hours (give or take about 5)
2. Is that enough sleep for you?
technically, yes, though i'd love more...
3. At what time do you normally go to sleep and wake up?
4. Do you usually fall asleep right away or have trouble?
I'm sleeping before my head hits the pillow. or the couch. SerandEz and every guest they've ever had can attest to that.
5. What size bed do you have?
6. How many pillows do you use?
none. i know, i'm a weirdo....
7. In what position do you sleep?
on me stomach. one hand or arm under my head, one right by my chin.
8. Do you need it to be quiet or dark to sleep?
not a bit. i'm known to fall asleep in the middle of bunk parties and lively shabbos table discussions.
9. Do you use earplugs or an eye mask?
10. Have you ever used a sleeping aid long-term?
nope. and i don't drink caffiene either. I'm an all natural kind of girl.
11. Do you use headgear, a night retainer, or a biteplate?
i used to have a retainer but no more
12. What do you normally wear to bed?
cotton pants, a t-shirt from my camp (i have like a billion), and a sweatshirt. unless im at serandez in which case a sweatshirt would probably kill me.
13. Do you frequently fall asleep in your clothing?
what kind of question is that? of course!! one reason i seriously hate pleated skirts.
14. Do you prefer a heavy or light blanket?
heavy, unless its stuffy, in which case i just use a sheet.
15. Do you prefer warm or cool PJs?
again, warm unless its stuffy. i almost always wear a sweatshirt to sleep. preferably someone else's which smells like them.
16. Do you wear socks to bed?
yup. can't fall asleep without em.
17. What is your bedtime routine?
brush teeth, shema, two pages in the sefer i'm learning, finish up texting conversations (or forget to finish them up....)
18. Do you listen to music when you’re falling asleep?
nope. though i'm sure i could fall asleep if there was something on.
19. Have you sucked your thumb in recent years?
um... i plead the fifth?
20. Do you still sleep with your childhood blankie/teddy?
nope. don't even know where my blankie is.
21. Do you snore?
thankfully, no. though i do tend to drool. (TMI anyone?)
22. Do you sleeptalk or sleepwalk?
again, no. i think.
23. Do you wake up to use the bathroom often?
yes!!! it's so so frustrating!! if i have anything to drink after like 8 PM it just has to interrupt my night. grr!!
24. What things inhabit your bed aside from a blanket and pillow?
lots and lots of sweatshirts, and occasionally books or other random paraphernalia.
25. What kind of alarm clock do you use?
an atomic clock which has a beeping alarm which starts soft and increases in volume. and i also use the vibrate on my alarm clock which is set for 3 minutes later cuz then the snoozes intersperse each other.... i tend to be not such a morning person...
26. Do you ever wake up before your alarm?
actually, i have been lately and it's really frustrating too.
27. Do you frequently take naps?
yes, under the disapproval of just about everyone i know...
28. Have you ever slept ‘under the stars’?
of course! i'm a big camping fan. it's best without a tent. except of course for the time during camp when we were in the woods and there was a sudden DOWNPOUR at like 5 AM and we had to walk across a huge field as lightning flashed through the sky (the camp kitchen has been hit numerous times during storms.) it was QUITE scary.
29. Can you fall asleep on a bus, train, or airplane?
given my track record, what do you think?
30. Have you ever fallen asleep and missed your stop?
only once, cuz i'm really neurotic. it was in seminary, and i woke up totally confused and called my madricha in a panic... she just told me to take the 33 in the other direction, genius...
And last, but not least,
31. Over the course of a lifetime, the average person swallows six spiders in his/her sleep. How many do you think you're up to?
oh gosh. lots. is that why my ears are itchy in the morning?