Pages

Sunday, March 02, 2008

A Sleepy Meme II

Pobody's Nerfect came up with a very entertaining meme below, so I'm going to listen to her instructions and answer it. For those who know me, I think this will be a lot of fun... :) [hit expand to see]
1. How much sleep do you get on an average night?
Haha! Anywhere between 0 and 6.5 hours, I'd say. Average about 4.5 to 5 hours.
2. Is that enough sleep for you?
YES.
3. At what time do you normally go to sleep and wake up?
Hehe again. Varies... but on a "normal" night, probably go to sleep between 2am and 4am, and wake up anywhere between 7 and 8:30am.
Alternatively, depends on who is staying over that night.
4. Do you usually fall asleep right away or have trouble?
Have trouble, unless I'm exhausted, which is part of why I go to sleep so late. Better to stay up and read, learn, talk to people, or whatever than to lie there going crazy.
5. What size bed do you have?
Full.
6. How many pillows do you use?
Two! If I don't have two, I've noticed I'll feel it contribute to a reaction. Weird.
7. In what position do you sleep?
Either on my left side or on my back. Left side is better.
8. Do you need it to be quiet or dark to sleep?
Generally.
9. Do you use earplugs or an eye mask?
Nooo. Those would freak me out - I'd wake up and think I'm either blind or deaf.
10. Have you ever used a sleeping aid long-term?
Never used any.
11. Do you use headgear, a night retainer, or a biteplate?
No, but my brother used to!! It was really nerdy. :)
12. What do you normally wear to bed?
T-shirt and shorts or boxers.
13. Do you frequently fall asleep in your clothing?
Not as much as I used to, but occasionally. There's actually something really nice about it! (What?!)
14. Do you prefer a heavy or light blanket?
LIGHT. Grr. And knitted, not those annoying duvets that everyone uses. I boil in our apartment because we have duvets... ugh. Yuck. I hate it!
15. Do you prefer warm or cool PJs?
Cool. I like it cooool when I sleep.
16. Do you wear socks to bed?
Heck no! But when I sleep in clothes I don't even bother to take socks off. I'm consistent like that.
17. What is your bedtime routine?
Umm, go to the bathroom, brush teeth (sometimes), go to sleep? Put phone near bed, wrap glasses in yarmulka, and that's about it. Oh! Make sure the blanket is facing the right way and not twisted or sideways. Yay for neuroses!
18. Do you listen to music when you’re falling asleep?
I used to, but not anymore.
19. Have you sucked your thumb in recent years?
Nope! Don't want that overbite back...
20. Do you still sleep with your childhood blankie/teddy?
Nope. I think my Mom has the blankies somewhere, and the teddies are still in my old room at home.
21. Do you snore?
NO! (Don't believe whomever says otherwise.) Actually I think I do slightly when I'm stuffed.
22. Do you sleeptalk or sleepwalk?
No, but I'm SO tagging Serach... :P
23. Do you wake up to use the bathroom often?
Nope! I always make sure to use it right before I go to sleep even if I don't need to, because there's nothing worse than having to get out of bed in the middle of a good sleep.
24. What things inhabit your bed aside from a blanket and pillow?
Hmmm... anywhere between nothing and a whole ton of stuff, so I really can't answer that one...
25. What kind of alarm clock do you use?
The typical annoying one everyone has with the digital clock. Alternatively, Serach and Elianna.
26. Do you ever wake up before your alarm?
If I set it, I almost always wake up a few minutes before it goes off. It's one of the strangest qualities, and it started back in high school when I'd get up at 5am to borrow other people's notes. I'd set my alarm, then wake up at 4:50.
27. Do you frequently take naps?
Nope. Only when I have a headache or I know that I'll need a bit more energy for whatever I need to get done.
28. Have you ever slept ‘under the stars’?
Oddly, no. I think I'm so the type to, yet never have. I love lying out and staring at the stars, though...
29. Can you fall asleep on a bus, train, or airplane?
With much difficulty. But when I do, I often feel like I've slept far longer than I actually have.
30. Have you ever fallen asleep and missed your stop?
No - I'm almost as neurotic as Pobody on this one. I'll keep waking myself up to check... but I *have* had to run for the closing doors a few times.

And last, but not least,
31. Over the course of a lifetime, the average person swallows six spiders in his/her sleep. How many do you think you're up to?

GROSS!! None. I think I'd gag.
That was fun. The comments should be good... I'm going to tag a few people, but I'm adding the stipulation of splitting applicable questions into "normal" and "at SerandEz" when answering. Hehe! I tag: Apple, SJ, FwA, Chana, Moshe, Ed, and Diana.

11 comments:

  1. 2. Is that enough sleep for you?
    YES.

    --Liarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    3. At what time do you normally go to sleep and wake up?
    [...] Alternatively, depends on who is staying over that night.

    --::coughcoughcough::

    21. Do you snore?
    NO! (Don't believe whomever says otherwise.)

    --AHEM!

    26. Do you ever wake up before your alarm?
    If I set it, I almost always wake up a few minutes before it goes off.

    --Me too! It's so odd. If my alarm is set for, say, 8:45, I'll wake up at 8:43.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this IS fun! i'm waiting for someone to tag me pwease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple -

    --Liarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    Ahem. And I quote from last week: "How do you not even seem tired?!"

    --::coughcoughcough::

    Exactly. :P

    --AHEM!

    And I repeat... :)

    this IS fun! i'm waiting for someone to tag me pwease.

    That's ALL you have to say?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because you DO TOO need sleep! You can go for a while on very little, but you run out of steam after a few days of only a few hours of sleep.

    ADMIT IT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After a few days of staying up until about 5 and getting up at 730, yes. Duh. Not when I'm actually getting 5 every night, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3. Hehe. Company does seem to push off your bedtime by a few hours, doesn't it? :-P
    4. That is my philosophy as well.
    14. You know, you could just get yourself a knitted blanket to use. It's not that hard!
    22. Hahahahahaha!!
    25. Elianna is an awesome alarm clock, and she has the added advantage of being cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. (What?!)

    WUAT?????

    wrap glasses in yarmulka, and that's about it. Oh! Make sure the blanket is facing the right way and not twisted or sideways. Yay for neuroses!

    I was going to wonder about the whole wrapping glasses in your yarmulka thing, but then I realized that I always take off my watch and hadaya ring and put the ring DIRECTLY in the middle of the band of the watch (both on a surface near my bed). And I also need my blanket the right way (though I make my bed every morning, or at least before I go to sleep at night, so this is never really a problem), so YES, YAY for neurosis!

    And HARUMPH on not being tagged.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scraps -

    3) Sometimes... :)
    4) Woo! This is why you need your own computer.
    14) Um, we have. But have you met my wife? I do believe you have. :P
    25) Yup! :D

    Erachet -

    :D and not a single ME TOO!?!

    And haha!! I originally had you tagged, then switched! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ezzie, it's all good, I tagged her so she wouldn't be left out. :)

    And re: getting a computer, see my answer to #1.

    ReplyDelete
  10. and not a single ME TOO!?!

    I resisted the urge. HOWEVER, since you are ASKING...

    9. Do you use earplugs or an eye mask?
    Nooo. Those would freak me out - I'd wake up and think I'm either blind or deaf.

    10. Have you ever used a sleeping aid long-term?
    Never used any.

    15. Do you prefer warm or cool PJs?
    Cool. I like it cooool when I sleep.

    26. Do you ever wake up before your alarm?
    If I set it, I almost always wake up a few minutes before it goes off.

    29. Can you fall asleep on a bus, train, or airplane?
    With much difficulty. But when I do, I often feel like I've slept far longer than I actually have.


    ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And haha!! I originally had you tagged, then switched! :)

    Uh-huh. I see how it is.

    ReplyDelete