1. How much sleep do you get on an average night?
Well....I would say anywhere from 5 to 7 hours a night. But sometimes it's 4 or 4.5 - and usually the day after I am more awake than if I had gotten 8 or 9 hours.
2. Is that enough sleep for you?
NEVER!!!! Even sleeping on shabbos for 15 hours isn't enough!
3. At what time do you normally go to sleep and wake up?
I usually go to bed between 12:30 and 1:30 (although during non-busy season it's more like 2 or 3). Waking up totally differs depending if I'm taking a shower in the morning, whether it's busy season at work, and how late I was at work the night before. Some days I'm out the door at 6:30, uch.
4. Do you usually fall asleep right away or have trouble?
As soon as I turn my light off, I couldn't be sleeping any faster.
5. What size bed do you have?
At home (real home, not NY) I have a twin. In NY I have a full size which I got from someone for FREE!
6. How many pillows do you use?
Two. But sometimes in the summer if it's really hot where I am asleep I don't use any.
7. In what position do you sleep?
On my side with my blankets pulled up really close to my face. If I am REALLY cold then sometimes I pull my blanket over my head.
8. Do you need it to be quiet or dark to sleep?
Not at all. I fall asleep at work sometimes sitting up. woops :)
9. Do you use earplugs or an eye mask?
Neither. But I always wanted to be one of those girls that sleeps with an eye mask.
10. Have you ever used a sleeping aid long-term?
11. Do you use headgear, a night retainer, or a biteplate?
I stopped wearing my retainer a loooong time ago. But I never should have stopped.
12. What do you normally wear to bed?
Wellllll in the winter, usually a sweathsirt and pants. If it's insanely cold, then sometimes a sweatshirt, two pairs of pants, and socks. Oh the hood on my sweatshirt is on and pulled realllly tight. And one time in band camp, no just kidding. One time in seminary, I slept with my mittens on too. And in the summer....shorts and t-shirt/tank top.
13. Do you frequently fall asleep in your clothing?
Only if it's on purpose. Like sometimes when I am taking a 6 AM flight back to NY after a yomtov, waking up at 4 isn't the most pleasant thing in the world. So I sleep in my clothes in exchange for 10 more minutes of sleep.
14. Do you prefer a heavy or light blanket?
Whichever, although in have been sleeping with 2 heavy-ish blankets recently. It's just so....yummy.
15. Do you prefer warm or cool PJs?
I believe I have explained myself at length in #12.
16. Do you wear socks to bed?
Sometimes. And for times where I can't decide if I am hot or cold, I sleep with one sock on and one sock off.
17. What is your bedtime routine?
Crawl into bed, read for a lil bit, all while listening to the radio or my iPod.
18. Do you listen to music when you’re falling asleep?
Yeah I usually set the sleep timer on my radio. I can certainly fall asleep with the music on, but if I like the song I won't be able to fall asleep because I am singing along or enjoying it too much. hehe.
19. Have you sucked your thumb in recent years?
I have never sucked my thumb in my entire life.
20. Do you still sleep with your childhood blankie/teddy?
Never had one! I think I had more like a childhood purse or something....
21. Do you snore?
Nope. Well, sometimes when I'm sick.
22. Do you sleeptalk or sleepwalk?
I have definitely been known to talk on occasion. I guess I really never shut up!
23. Do you wake up to use the bathroom often?
Almost never. But it is SO annoying when it does happen.
24. What things inhabit your bed aside from a blanket and pillow?
I think it's better if we keep this one to myself. Let's just say....a lot of crap, unfortunately.
25. What kind of alarm clock do you use?
My clock. Beeps for the first alarm and then its the radio for the second one.
26. Do you ever wake up before your alarm?
No, not usually.
27. Do you frequently take naps?
On shabbos, absolutely. At work, i have been known to go to the back of a desk area where no one sits and take a nice 15 minute power nap.
28. Have you ever slept ‘under the stars’?
No, I'm not really an outdoors kinda gal....
29. Can you fall asleep on a bus, train, or airplane?
On an airplane, FOR SURE. I couldn't stay awake for an entire plane ride to Israel, are you kidding me?? On the train to work everyday, I never do..I like to watch the people around me while I bob my head to my music. Or I do my makeup.....
30. Have you ever fallen asleep and missed your stop?
Nope, thank G-d.
And last, but not least,
31. Over the course of a lifetime, the average person swallows six spiders in his/her sleep. How many do you think you're up to?
Uh, not every Snapple cap is true.