Sunday, June 03, 2007

Riddle Me This

If I even start to write about the Cavs, and Lebron, and Daniel "Boobie" Gibson, and that I'm still up at 3:51am and I'm still super-pumped and hyper, I'll go on forever. Suffice it to say that as I watched the 4th quarter at a friend nearby, I jumped straight up in excitement with both hands first when Gibson hit one of his threes so hard that I smashed both hands into the ceiling and badly scraped one of them in the process.

So instead, here's a riddle I was asked during davening this morning, which took me and another guy a good 45 minutes or so to figure out [yeah, so kavana was a bit scarce in shul - about half the place was working on it, it seemed... and I finally got it during kedusha].

You are given 12 coins, one of which is a different weight than the other 11, and you need to - in just 3 weighings - determine not only which coin it is, but whether it is heavier or lighter than the others. How would you do it? There's only one answer.

Oh, and the game's turning points were Lebron's jumping in front of Wallace for the steal and 3-point play after a Detroit timeout, and Gibson's third three of the fourth quarter. That's when the Pistons really started to look like they were giving up. Of course, as a true Clevelander, I was still calculating how the Cavs could blow it with 3:59 left, and a 13-point lead, simply because they kept fouling the Pistons. Oy. Can we stop being so negative yet!? Are we allowed to be optimistic?! PLEASE!?

EDIT: Oh, and I thought it was really nice that after Lebron threw the ball to the rafters, he ran around and the first guy he hugged was big Z, who has been waiting for this for a long, long time.

Powered by WebAds