Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

...and, we're back!

Random pieces:
  • I technically (b'ah) have still never broken a bone in my life, though I am now using crutches for the first time, I believe. I chipped a bone in my ankle playing basketball this week for the Lander Alumni team, right before the playoffs, of course... and possibly holding back the Lander Alumni Board from moving forward since I had to push back a meeting between myself and Touro's controller. Sigh.
  • In related news, Percocet is way overrated, and did not help me whatsoever. It did however make me sick tonight.
  • Not overrated: The HTC Thunderbolt or Verizon's 4G LTE network. I have a mini-computer in my hand, except it's more powerful than my desktop and faster than my cable internet, and with better apps. This thing literally saves me time (and often money) on a consistent basis.
  • Any app recommendations from Android users? In other news, Google owns my life.
  • The next two months will be rather crazy, with numerous friends, including some very close ones, moving. Some are moving rather close, while others are moving far... and others are moving far, far, far away. Usually change is more gradual unless you're the one moving. At the same time, many friends and family are having/have had babies, are getting engaged/married, and sadly a couple have seen their relationships/marriages hit a rough spot. Life, eh.
  • My fantasy team has been decimated by injuries, so I decided to switch things up to have a shot by taking advantage of our 1,250 innings limit. My starters are now: Lincecum, Halladay, Kershaw, Jimenez, and CJ Wilson while I have Bell, Wilson, Feliz, E.Sanchez, and (DL) Aardsma as my closers (and Gregerson for some good innings). Then again, my lineup now is C Avila, 1B LaPorta, 2B Walker, 3B Gordon, SS A.Gonzalez, CI A.Huff, OF Brantley/Raj.Davis/C.Hart/A.Torres Util C J.Buck/1B B.Wallace (DL Utley/V.Wells). Figure if I can clinch top marks in the pitching categories, and get into good position in steals (now that Davis and Torres are back from the DL) and rebound a bit in average, I can flip the studs in late July/early August for some top power hitters, which combined with Utley and Hart (just off DL) could get me into the pack in R/HR/RBI/Avg - enough to have a shot to win.
  • The Indians seem to be for real, what with a solid lineup, and a pitching staff that doesn't walk anyone while eliciting ground ball after ground ball. That's... odd.
  • The Browns had a very good draft, the Cavs are hoping the ping-pong balls bounce their way... sports in Cleveland are looking... up?!
  • Even when life isn't great, it's always nice to know it's (finally) heading in the right direction. Or at least, a better direction.

13 comments:

  1. Refua Sheleima!!

    Love
    MG your cousein from NY (Yerushalaim - not NY - Chas VeShalom!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with my DroidX. Got a bunch of different Apps that I use. Amazon has an App store that provides a free App each day. Even better is that you can test drive many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. S/MG - Thanks!!

    Jack - Yup, I was going to mention Amazon's App Store - got a free app today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's with people moving far, far away? Uber-self-centered. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. App Killer, Stupid Zombies, flashlight, drudgereport, weather app, zedge ringtones....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, RaggedyMom. What is WRONG with some people?
    Ezzie, if so many of your friends are moving away, maybe it's you. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. RM/SaraK - LOL. (sad face) Seriously, they should think of OUR happiness, not theirs! :)

    Cymaline - I've got a long list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Speaking as the former possessor of two broken wrists at the same time, I strongly recommend keeping your bones in one piece, if possible. Refuah shleimah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some App Recommendations:
    DropBox - Get a copy for your computer and your Android device.
    Zmanim - Shows today's zmanim
    WeFi- Allows you to find local open Wifi networks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some App Recommendations:
    DropBox - Get a copy for your computer and your Android device.
    Zmanim - Shows today's zmanim
    WeFi- Allows you to find local open Wifi networks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shira - Thanks :)

    Avrom - Dropbox is the best; I actually recommended it to my college Dean today after a meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mazal Tov on the Draft Lottery! And on the Bulls being up 1-0...

    ReplyDelete