Pages

Monday, May 05, 2008

What I Think Of Facebook

...which is why I'm more than a little wary of it. I have it, just can't say I use it much. Therefore, this is absolutely hilarious. (Hat tip: SaraK)
With over 69 million users (says Wiki), it's safe to say that Facebook has become the site to use when it comes to social networking. But if you stop to think about it, what is the purpose of a "poke"? Would you go up to an old friend you haven't spoken to in years and jab him in the shoulder with your finger? This rendition of what Facebook would be like in reality did make us take a minute to think about the absurdity of the whole thing — but nothing will ever keep us from loving every time-wasting minute of it!

6 comments:

  1. You are obviously not following me on Twitter. This is so yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. to me, the poke always seemed silly

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and now you know why I've avoided Facebook. Until I needed some info for a book I'm writing--that was ONLY on Facebook. Now I'm getting friend requests and have to reply! Don't give ME a poke (which, by the way, is a Hawaiian dish of raw fish...)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, Facebook...just the next step on our national stroll towards Gomorrah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. This video is hilarious. And now I have even more justification for my boycott of Facebook...

    ReplyDelete