Pages

Friday, May 02, 2008

The Saddest Thing

[Edit] DISCLAIMER: this post is not actually sad. Just disappointing.


I think I just did one of the saddest things ever. In fact, it makes me so incredibly sad that I have to share it with y'all so I can have your sympathies.

I decided I wanted to read a particular book in order to write a paper on it and another book for one of my classes. In fact, I was so inspired by this that as soon as I got home from the city today, I wanted to go to the library and get it. The thing was, I also had a pounding headache so I took advil and went to sleep for about twenty minutes or so.

When I got up and went downstairs, I told my mom I was going to the library. She said the library where I live closes at five on fridays and it was about ten after five at the time. So then I decided to go to the library that is nearish where I live (though I had never been there before). I looked it up online, saw it closes at six, and was all excited to go. My sister, when she heard I was going to the library, asked me to take out two books for her, too.

I left the house at 5:30. It should have taken me about ten minutes to get to the library. I drove and drove and drove and realized, hmmm, I think I missed the street. I drove a bit more just to make sure, decided I really had missed the street, and found another street to turn down so I could turn around and go the other way. Mind you, the main street I was driving on was extremely busy with two lanes going either way. So finally I managed to turn around but now I was coming from the opposite direction and that threw me off. So I missed the street again. So I had to turn around a second time and come back and finally I turned down the right street. I parked. I got out of the car. I ran to the library. I went to open the doors.

They were locked.

I looked at my watch.

It was six o'clock.

No book for me, no books for my sister, half an hour of driving around for nothing.

POUR ON YOUR SYMPATHY.

7 comments:

  1. Eh...No offense, but in a world filled with so much tragedy, this doesn't even rank on my sad-ometer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm, fern, I think you might've taken the post a liiiiittle too seriously. Also, notice, I said that I did something sad, not that something sad happened to me, and also, okay, so you should never feel sad about something disappointing that happens to you because someone somewhere else in the world is suffering?

    (Ezzie, SJ - SAW/SAY points?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry. Not inclined to be too sympathetic on this one either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone is taking this post a little too seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, when you give it the title "the saddest thing" and then it turns out . . . not to be so sad, it kinda induces an eye roll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it was friday afternoon. Am i the only person who laughed at this. I seriously expected more from Serandez readers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oy vey just give her a frowney!

    :(

    ReplyDelete