Pages

Monday, September 17, 2007

Rosh Hashana & Shabbos Were...

Excellent. A huge thank you to all of our guests, but more importantly to our hosts: C-K for the use of her apartment, OD, SIL & the -ens for Friday night and the absolutely wonderful and incredibly kind Raggedys for saving us at the last second for Shabbos day. The food at both was excellent, and we apologize for falling asleep on the family Friday night and I understand that the Raggedys are holding a headband hostage, but it's a price we're willing to pay, so that works out perfectly.

Back to the guests - you guys are great, we love you all. Hope the mum was as good as the company and the singing; and if you were surprised by the crowding [13-13-11-11 in the end, as J&R sadly had to cancel - Refuah Shleimah!], you clearly haven't been over to SerandEz (...and Elianna!) before, so you need to come back like everyone else. For those who have asked, I hope to post some of the recipes over the next week so y'all can have them in time for Sukkos.

The ba'alei t'fila at Lander were amazing as usual. And I'm not just saying that because they're really good friends... who sang at my wedding... whom I've known for a long time. They were really, really great - those are just bonuses. I hear the haftorah was great on the second day, too. Rumor has it that it's a segulah to... umm, have the recipient give the donors a really funny look like "I can't believe you did this." Or something like that. Right?

Please continue to have in mind Aliza Rochel bas Liba Yenta in your tefillos for a refuah shleimah.

Shana tova and a g'mar chasima tova to all!
mum - food in Elianna's language
refuah shleimah - [may you have a] full healthy recovery
ba'alei t'fila - cantors
tefillos - prayers
haftorah - portion read after the Torah portion
segulah - charm (?)
shana tova - good year
g'mar chasima tova - may you be sealed for [a] good [year]

13 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a wonderful holiday. Mine was pretty good as well, questions from nephews aside. ;-)

    Shana Tova. It's nice to be blogging again, btw... good start to the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU!!!!


    [i]I hear the haftorah was great on the second day, too. Rumor has it that it's a segulah to... umm, have the recipient give the donors a really funny look like "I can't believe you did this." Or something like that. Right?[/i]

    I can't say I have any clue what you're talking about. That being said, you need not elaborate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankfully, the headband is safely tucked away in RaggedyDad's suit jacket pocket (he figured he'd see you at shul later that day) and nowhere near the clutches of my kids! Thanks again for coming - it was great to have some good company and conversation at the table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for having me! The food was fabulous, the company even better! And no, I was not at all surprised by the numbers, but I'll still come back. :) (I was surprised by the table, though. I think it's even cooler than sliced bread and I want one just like it.)

    My compliments to the baalei tefillah and the one who leined the haftarah the second day. :)

    And don't you worry, once my crazy life is a little less booked up, I'll be back...in December or something. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! You guys are super awesome! My gratitude is so great, in fact, that one of these days I may even go easy on you in boggle. :) Seriously though, it was an amazing chag and I can't thank you enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LT - Hehe. It's nice to see you back.

    Moshe - :x and our pleasure!

    RM - So I hear. Eh, your kids are TAME. And amen!! Thank you so much!

    ~Sarah~ - Thanks!

    Scraps - Yes, yes, little ms. popular. You better make it back.

    SJ - Yeah yeah, then you'll crush us all anyway. Hmph. It *was* an amazing chag, and not bringing gifts anymore would be a nice thank you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha...I wish I were busy because I was so popular.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Ezzie! I look forward to getting the recipes...especiialy for Laya's salad...sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SJ- dkitrelttyjyjyjy (look i get 5 points for that word)- Serach does not make up words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Scraps - Yeah yeah, whatever. You don't see us with a million places to go...

    RM - Of course. Did you get the ransom money? :P

    Anon - Soon, soon!

    MO - :P Serach ALWAYS makes up words.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Um, Ezzie...actually, I do. So there! :-P

    ReplyDelete