Pages

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

ARGH!!!

Well, I was wrong. My computer is NOT fixed.

For all you techs out there...
Explorer.exe is taking up 99% of the CPUs, which essentially slows my computer to a crawl. Most of the suggestions on line seem to think its an .avi file problem, but all those fixes didn't work; print spooler problem, but turning off the print spooler didn't work; and a Norton problem, which uninstalling and reinstalling worked for a day - but now it's happening again. Any suggestions?
It's quite annoying, as I'm supposed to be editing a guy's thesis for his MBA - but I can't do that when the computer is running this slow. It's 50 pages, and he needs it by tomorrow.

Plus, I have a lot to say about the State of the Union address (good, solid, not much I could see that anyone would have a problem with), the Democratic Response (boring, though there wasn't much to say), and the discussion on ABC afterwards (not bad, actually).

Help!

4 comments:

  1. Do you have an Ipod hooked up to your computer? I have a couple friends with Dell laptops who have needed new hard drives after installing their Ipods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a new, updated version. If I uninstall and reinstall, it likely will happen again, that's my issue with doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I got it! Yay! Something called Vundo Fix got it. We'll see if this stays okay...

    ReplyDelete