- In case you haven't seen it, the Shver series has been updated to include the third letter, claiming the second letter is fake and the first was real. (The second letter claimed the first was fake.) It's all a bit confusing, but it's more likely that the first and third letters are real and the second a fake; it just boggles the mind that the Yated would print the second one and have no clue as to what is what. I'll probably write more on the third letter later on.
- My friend Jon always seems to find hilarious videos - this is another one. I was cracking up.
- ProfK decries the notion that more than 8 dates is "too long".
- I've really been enjoying Kankan Chadash the last few days; this post from a couple weeks ago was excellent.
- Freakonomics strikes down the idea that gun bans stop crime. Duh:
When the people who value guns the most are the ones who use them in the drug trade, there is next to nothing you can do to keep the guns out of their hands.
My view is that we should not be making policies about gun ownership, because they simply don’t work. What seems to work is harshly punishing people who use guns illegally.
- Yourish rips into the "balanced" coverage of Kuntar. Ugh.
- These photos are really cool, as explained by the subjects what they were thinking at the time. (via)
Monday, July 07, 2008
It's All There
Some worthy views: