Saturday, December 08, 2007

let's focus on ME, people!

Ah!! It's contagious! I was TAGGED!!!
hehe.
so.
7 random facts about me. here goes.

1. I'm obsessed with dimples. And I know that obsession is a strong word. As a kid, I would sit with my fingers poking into my cheeks hoping the indentations would stay. Boy was I upset when I found out it's just a muscle weakness. Now I just poke my fingers into the cheeks of every person I meet who was graced with lovely dimples. Just ask CornerPoint! A few weeks ago I was at a friend's house and someone managed to get a jellybean to stay inside her dimple!

2. I'm petrified of worms. Which is strange, given that i love snakes, bugs, frogs, etc. I was that annoying camper who used to terrorize my counselors by bringing caterpillars into the bunkhouse... We still can't figure out why I'm so freaked out by worms. I hate walking outside after it rains when all the shriveled worms are dotting the sidewalks.... BLECH!

3. I'm addicted to my tweezers. I pluck while I'm on the phone, before my shower, after my shower, while I'm deciding what to wear in the morning, etc. My friend recently commented that every time she walks into my room, my tweezers and mirror are on my bed. In 10th grade I actually resorted to plucking my legs when i ran out of eyebrow hairs to pluck. It may be an addiction but hey, at least I don't have a unibrow!

4. I always walk on the left of the person or group I'm with. Some call it OCD. I call it, hey, it doesnt interfere with my life, so get off my case and let me go around you.

5. I always sleep in a sweatshirt, even in the summer. Actually, especially in the summer if the air conditioning is on. Just as long as it's not stuffy. Stuffy is probably the only variable with which I cannot sleep. I like sweatshirts because I love being warm and cozy. Being in a sweatshirt is like being in a hug. The biggest problem is choosing which to wear- I have quite a large collection, mostly from camps and schools and such, but others from my friends' camps and schools and such. I especially love when a sweatshirt smells like the person from whom I permanently borrowed it...

6. I'm makpid about shva na and shva nach. (For non-Hebrew readers, that's a pronunciation thing about which many- probably most- orthodox people are lax.) Probably get that one from my father, who is a real stickler for pronunciations. I'm also fanatic about grammar (see my post about 'a whole nother' for details...) So for the record... it's "U'meekol tuv l'olam al yechaSIraynu."

7. I know both the Greek and military alphabets in song. I know, I'm a nerd. With way too much time on my hands. But it's fun. I'm currently working on memorizing Tom Lehrer's version of the periodic table of the elements and Yakko Warner's (from the Animaniacs) "All the nations in the world." I'll get back to you when they're done.

So. Think I'll ever get married?

Powered by WebAds