Also, for all the writers out there, the National Jewish Outreach Program is running a contest through WebAds that could win you a trip for two to Israel. They're asking that you send in a picture or video of a piece of Judaica, and write a short essay or speak briefly about the piece and what it means to you and/or your family. See all the details here; it's really quite simple and it's always nice to reminisce a bit.
A freilichen Chanukah!
- Jacob Da Jew is now Da Jeweler! Congratulations.
- If you haven't seen it yet, this post by Corner Point is amazing.
- Jack denigrates Cleveland sports heroes at Jameel's;
- JoeSettler discusses an important charity which should show up sometimes in the WebAds box above called Warm the Needy.
- WBM notes some good news for Chanuka - Israel's secular population is turning more traditional. This will simply help the different populations understand one another much better.
- JBM is one of many bothered by an environmentalist call to have people light a candle less each night.
- LOR has some good Chanuka safety tips as usual, along with some Chanuka links.
- And S. notes a shul holding a $100,000 raffle... 200 years ago.