Pages

Monday, December 24, 2007

Ezzie's Blog Roundup 12/24

I have plenty to write and post from my friend Yonah Goldman's shloshim which was yesterday, but I'm going to wait until later today or in the week before doing so.

Meanwhile:
  • Haveil Havalim #146 is up!
  • Wolf wrote last week about the cheeseburger discussion, and I particularly enjoyed his take.
  • SL discussed the major tax evasion arrests and vents about just how terrible these are to Jewish communities and families.
  • R' Gil discussed a subject which seems to come up often at our Shabbos table - brushing teeth on Shabbos.
As an aside, people often ask me why I enjoy blogging and what my "favorite" blogs are. I generally don't like answering the second question - there are different reasons I like different blogs - but I'll often answer the first question with some examples of blogs that I feel really are the epitome of why I enjoy blogging. HH is rather self-explanatory - it shows a glimpse of ust how much there is out there. Hirhurim (Gil) is a more intellectual approach to so many aspects of Judaism, from major areas of discussion to halachic minutia. And Wolf & Orthonomics are at the core of what most normal, good, frum Jews struggle with and discuss: Issues within the community that bother us - economics, Jews behaving badly, shidduchim, tuition, science, you name it. They just know how to discuss these subjects reasonably while at the same time showing how much they care and that it upsets them. They offer solutions and ideas. They're good blogs... they're good people. At the end of the day, that's what's important, and that's what I like.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for the link and the kind words. It's nice to know that people enjoy my blog and think well of me because of it.

    The Wolf

    ReplyDelete