Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2007

sure to put a smile on your face...

The following is an anecdote which, at the time of its occurrence, caused peals of laughter. I decided to share it with the blogworld in the hopes that it will brighten someone's day.

So after an extended nap which conveniently allowed me to miss a statistics class in which we learned material which will not be on the final (what the flip? why teach it? you think a single kid payed attention??), my friend decided to come pick me up for the last 2 classes of the night. I decided to grab a bowl of Coco Puffs on my way out for supper.

So, bowl in hand and knapsack slung over my shoulder, I walk out to the car. I get in. Close the door. My friend starts the car.

So you know those seatbelts that automatically move up over your shoulder?

WHAM!

Seatbelt closes, hits the cereal bowl.... Figure out the rest.

I was DRIPPING with chocolaty milk (funny, according to spellcheck that's how you spell it...) and there were Coco Puffs stuck to my shirt, pooling up in my skirt. It took a few seconds for the shock to wear off, and then the laughter hit.

Me, sitting there sopping wet with cereal, not sure whether to laugh or cry, and my friend stuck in the same predicament, just a bit cleaner and drier. I stood up. Bits of cereal clung to my soaked shirt and milk dribbled down onto my legs. I was a mess.

Thankfully, we hadn't pulled out of the driveway yet so I was able to run in and change. When I pulled off my sweatshirt, I saw that my undershirt (or shell, as it is known is the frum world) had some nice brown spots on the front. I still haven't done the wash yet, but I sincerely hope it comes out.

So... the moral of the story is.... DON'T GET A CAR WITH THOSE DUMB AUTOMATIC SEATBELTS!!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. They dumb, no arguing there. They should be abolished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sneaks back and inserts an "are"*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, they don't make cars with automatic belts anymore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy calls them Cocoa Cuffs. I guess he's a fan of alliteration. I can't even really remember that they're called Cocoa Puffs anymore, and I've caled them Cocoa Cuffs in public on numerous occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well at least you're now officially "Cukoo for Cocoa Puffs!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oysh. At least you can laugh about it. :)

    [note to self: get Pobody some covered containers so she doesn't have this problem again]

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAAA!
    I'm still laughing. Nobody here, just me, laughing to an empty room and a screen.
    But Po, you tell it waaay better in real person
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. The automakers hastily reconsidered this ill-advised feature in 1990 or so, and they haven't been heard from since.

    Until your friend pulled up in one, that is. :>)

    Afraid to ask what vintage it was. (The car, not your friend)

    Sense of humor: The secret of life. Well played, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ari: you mean ma'am...

    Just thought I'd let everyone know, the verification word I got is zisim. Possible plural for zees? As in more than one zeeskites? But only for boys... If it's two Eliannas would it be zisot? But then that would be a Yiddish/Hebrew mix. Why do I think so much at 3:30 in the morning?

    PN: HAW HAW! (in the Nelson voice)

    ReplyDelete