Pages

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Important Things

Some things do come before blogging (though not many). I've been a bit busy the last few days with some things, especially work and even more importantly, getting good Browns-Jets tickets. It sounds like a lot of Browns' fans will be there... sweet.

On yet another important note, please with my brother-in-law and I luck: This week is essentially a playoff game for us in our fantasy football league, as we need to win to take our division crown and make the playoffs. Meanwhile, in the league we run together, I squeezed out the #6 (and final) seed despite being 8th in points, and have made the playoffs, where ya never know what might happen. (Sorry, JStein.) Finally, the Browns getting cheated out of a game-winning touchdown not only may haunt them in their playoff run, but it cost me first place in the pool I run. Somehow, that's only fitting, right?

Have a wonderfully happy Chanukah, everybody, however you spell it!

9 comments:

  1. Finally, the Browns getting cheated out of a game-winning touchdown

    And to flashback almost precisely one year, Jets playing the Browns down 20-3 almost stage an amazing comeback and have what would have been a Chris Baker one-handed grab game winning touchdown taken away by the same call which took away the Brown's touchdown on Sunday. See article: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/games/2006-10-29-jets-browns_x.htm

    Ahhhh....Karma.

    P.S. Regardless, the Jets went 10-6 and made the playoffs :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I *knew* your grammar was off.

    On yet another important note, please with my brother-in-law and I luck:

    (FOA it took me forever to realize that what you MEANT to type was wish and not with.) It should be "my brother-in-law and me." If you were only speaking about yourself, you'd say, "please wish me luck," not "please wish I luck."

    Also, Browns fans, not Browns' fans.

    Accountants! I despair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah yeah, Serach caught the wish. WhatEVER. And I was going to write me and my BIL, but I was being proper! Hmph. Stupid English people.

    And blah blah. I hate you. :P

    Next time you put up math...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. but I was being proper!
    Uh huh. Nice try.

    And you totally did not see my smiley face. I was being friendly. Well, not next time. Oh no. Next time we take ruler and rap knuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I rated an actual mention on your blog . . . I feel honored, but it doesn't make me feel any better about not making it to the playoffs.

    Happy Chanukah to you and yours! Enjoy the game on Sunday night. . .we'll be thinking of you at our party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apple - :P

    JStein - Woo! We'll miss you guys, but hopefully we'll see y'all in 2 weeks, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm commenting here because I figure you're more interested in football commenters. You said Serach likes purple. There is a purple store on the net that sells a really nice purple leather computer case (expensive) and other stuff. And I believe that Lord and Taylor is having a sale on gems including tanzanite which is a beautiful shade of purple. you can get a nice ring or bracelet for a reasonable price. It's Chanukah, after all. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yup. We're looking forward to it. Broncos at Chargers. . .may not be the most exciting game of the season, but it'll still be MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!

    I LOVE THIS GAME.

    ReplyDelete