Pages

Monday, August 06, 2007

Psychoanalysis of SlugGirl's Phobia

SlugGirl's recent harrowing (and hilarious) experience got her mind working, and the following occurred to her. Perhaps now she can get over her fear...
Last night, as I walked through the puddle filled parking lot of the nearby grocery store, I thought about how rain brings slugs, and slugs dwell in the shadows, awaiting an innocent pedestrian's heavy foot. I arrived at my car and as i reached for the car door handle, it dawned on me -- the reason that I get so freaked out by slugs.

I must have been between 8 and 10 years old. I was sent outside to get something from the car after a light rain had fallen. I stuck my fingers under the handle of the car door and instead of feeling solid cold metal, I felt something totally different. Squishy and slimy, my fingers had struck a slug that was hiding under the door handle.

And this, I believe, is the reason for my slug phobia.

(This morning i poked around under there with my car key first, just in case...)

~ SlugGirl
Ez: Mmm, squishy!! :)

Powered by WebAds