but it would cost the lives of about 3,000 US soldiers and $500 billion, would you still do it? Would you need all of those factors, or would only some be enough?
- Remove Ahmadenijad from power in Iran;
- Establish a democratic government in its place;
- Have over 2/3 of the country participating in national elections;
- Have a somewhat unstable, but growing economy that allowed for a much better lifestyle than currently exists;
- Perhaps bring down gas prices somewhat;
- Reduce the risk of terror attacks within the United States;
- Overall reduction in [other] worldwide terror, but increase in terror in Iran;
- Dramatically hurt Palestinian terrorist groups, particularly in terms of funding;
- and perhaps more...
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
A Moral Dilemma
I've been alternatively too busy or too lazy to blog lately, but a recent e-mail has me thinking. If someone would tell you right now that we could in the next 5 years: