Thursday, August 09, 2007

Catskills Part 3: Kosher Entertainment?

I will be one of the first people to agree that there is a problem in the Catskills. I've been there. I was there 10 years ago when there were signs all over "banning" Woodbourne. I spent two summers working there after high school, and I have witnessed the 'activities' at the bowling alleys, pizza shops, etc. (I'm sorry i can't vouch for the "horrors" at the clubs and pool halls). Even Wal-Mart is quite the scene!

Please tell me how this helps
"...efforts are being made by askonim and organizations under the direct guidance of Hagoan Rav Dovid Feinstein Shlita to provide safe-kosher-and enjoyable entertainment for our kids on Motzei Shabbos in the Catskills. These events provide alternatives to the horrors of the streets. Sponsors are needed as these costs rise and if anyone is interested in becoming a sponsor contact Ourjewishkids@gmail.com." -YW.com
Hey all you "at risk" teens, come watch the Jewish clown make balloon animals!! How about a nice all male puppet show?? I'm sure that's much more entertaining than your Motzei Shabbos plans. Yes, maybe their point is that the younger kids should be exposed to kosher entertainment, but that doesn't solve the current issue.

"Note: Entertainment has been scheduled for this Motzei Shabbos, but due to the request of the Askonim and Gedolim - the location cannot be mentioned here." -YW.com

Oh okay, so meanwhile I think i'll go shoot some pool in a suspiciously smoky back room somewhere.... just until you let me know where this enthralling party is being held.


Powered by WebAds