Pages

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Some Quickies...

Mazel tov to one of my favorite blogs - from Kew Gardens Hills, no less - BeyondBT on reaching 100,000 hits (and closing in on 300K pageviews). Keep up the good work, Mark and David! (And the Steelers stink - ha!)

Jameel has a great fictional story at Elster's StoryTellers blog - do I sense a little Dan Brown? :)

I'm hoping to follow up soon on two subjects, primarily: Jewish debt/economics (thanks, Shifra, for starting this) and education. I'll still be discussing everything as always, but those are the ones I'd like to focus on. All thoughts are encouraged and welcome.

And, how many people (besides Scraps) know [without looking!] what to respond to "Moadim L'Simcha!"? I only learned this a few years ago...

14 comments:

  1. GET BACK TO WORK, EZZIE!!MAYBE WE'LL GET TOGETHER FOR SUPPER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course -chagim u'zmanim l'sasson. (It pays to have an ISraeli mother.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hagim Uzmanim LeSasson!
    Did this since forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betach!!
    As answered above, ChUz"Le.

    Picked this up from a mutual friend of the family in Shaalvim over Yom Tov my first year in E"Y. Have been enamored w/ it ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remember to give proper thanks that you escaped cleveland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ezzie

    That Annonymous was me. I'M coming for supper. Be warned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of mine and I sometimes go back and forth through the end of the paragraph, like this:

    "Moadim l'simcha"
    "Chagim u'zmanim l'sasson"
    "Et yom Chag haSukkot hazeh"
    "Zman simchatenu, mikrah kodesh"
    "Zecher l'yitziyat mitzrayim!"

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish - Not bad...!

    Yaak - #2

    G - Okay, I'm starting to feel like I'm the slow one. Thanks. How is that friend, anyways?

    Jack - :P

    HH - Where were you!? We waited and waited...

    CM - Hi!

    Chana - Hi!2

    Scraps - :P that could get old quickly...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would, but it's only one friend, not all of them. And we don't speak every single day (or even every other). But you're right, if it was someone I saw on a frequent basis we'd probably stop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Ezzie.

    And, yeah, the Steelers stink. Coming from a Browns fan, you know a bit about stinking.

    Good Moed.

    ReplyDelete