Pages

Thursday, June 01, 2006

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!!

WOW. I can't believe I've been doing this for a year. Ironically, I was originally introduced to Blogger & Blogspot by a friend who has almost no clue what a blog is - he just wanted to show me this ridiculous video his friend had put up. We spent a little while doing pretty much everything but what we were supposed to be doing, which was study for an accounting final. After he left, I saw there was a link for "Create Your Own Blog!", and thought, 'Sure, why not?' After putting up a picture of me and Serach, I wrote a quick post about not studying for that final... and a blog was born.

I didn't blog much over the next couple of weeks, mostly putting up links to different things I found with short commentary; I wrote a few posts here and there, but that was it. In July, I really started to write, and most of my best posts were in July and August. (Ouch.) Until the end of August, I did not realize there was an entire "J-blogosphere", and in a way that was better: It kept me at a higher level of writing and discussion. But I was soon sucked in, and I am quite happy about that. I never would have met so many of the wonderful people I have or learned so much if not for the J-blogs.

Anyways, as I said a week ago:
From the guys at the Jester who made me realize there are intelligent people out there, to SoccerDad who showed me the existence of the J-blogosphere and gave me my first link, to Shoshana and PsychoToddler for showing me there are positive, inspiring, and funny people in that sphere, to DovBear and the others whose links sent people here, to the Wall Street Journal for asking to publish one of my posts, and to all the others whose blogs and opinions I've come to enjoy and respect, even when I disagree - thank you all.

It's been wonderful - and iyH will continue to be.
Amen.

22 comments:

  1. Mazal Tov. Your blog sure deserves a party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mazel tov!!

    I'd share some Abba's pita with you in celebration but... oh well, I should have bought more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ezzie! Mazal Tov! Great milestone...ad me'ah v'esrim.

    From all of us, here at the Muqata...in Eretz Yisrael...waiting for you to move here as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mazel Tov! May this just be first of many blogging years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mazel Tov, Ezzie.
    What's the appropriate gift to give for a first blogiversary?

    ReplyDelete
  6. From strength to strength!

    God willing when I have my anniversary (long way off) I can credit you, much like you did with bloggers who brought you into the fold...

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mazel Tov, in celebration take the next two days off :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mazel Tov! Wow, what a year. Chag Sameach!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, Ezzie...I'm glad I discovered you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everybody!

    David - That's a GREAT idea. :)

    Jameel - When the time is right...

    JH - Awww...

    Pearl - I dunno, but I'll take it!

    Chana - I worked there one summer. There's nothing like catching the pita off the machine and eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mazal Tov! btw, I still haven't gotten any Thank You cards...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did Shia ever catch you? LOL!

    My daughter was amazed at how blown up they were right off the belt. She was looking and looking at the inside of a flat one, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogiversary and many more

    ReplyDelete
  14. BE, CE, Debbie - Thanks!

    Chana - Heh. He wasn't there when I was, but we were allowed to anyway. They're so good before they collapse in...

    Rabbi - Behave!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wooo! Well done, Ez. Solid year and looking forward to number two.

    (by the way, our URL is http://www.intergalacticjester.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy blogiversary! ad meah v'esrim!
    keep up the great work.

    (hope you had a great shavuot!)

    shavua tov!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Belated Happy Blogiversary! To many more, and I hope you had a great holiday! : )

    ReplyDelete