Pages

Monday, December 05, 2005

2005 Weblog Awards

The final list of nominees for the 2005 Weblog Awards are out - go see who the nominees are there, and vote if you wish to!

Here are my picks, along with who I'd really like to vote for if they were listed:

Best Blog:
Lots of great choices, but I think Instapundit manages to post the greatest compilation of material, even if almost none of it is his own. Without him, I think a lot of great posts would barely be seen. Vote: Instapundit.
Best New Blog:
Haven't heard of most of them, but I rather enjoy Basil. He hosts open trackbacks to let smaller blogs get their pieces out; interviews other bloggers; and writes some nice pieces himself. His "meals", where he showcases posts he's found and liked, are the highlight. Vote: Basil's Blog. Wishlist: Heh. Who do you think?! ;)
Best Group Blog:
Again, am not familiar some, though I recognize about half of them (RedState, Cotillion are both good from the times I've seen them). I didn't realize the fascinating PostSecret was considered a group blog, though I guess it makes sense. It is thousands of people telling their secrets through postcards, even if someone else puts them up. Vote: PostSecret. Wishlist: InterGalacticJester.
Best Humor/Comics Blog:
Lots of great choices here... It's close between Day by Day, Cox & Forkum, and Scrappleface. They're all different, but all great. My choices would be between PsychoToddler and Fudge (how's that for a friendly competition?!). Vote: Cox & Forkum by a whisker. Wishlist: Fudge, because I laugh almost every single time.
Best Liberal Blog:
Is there such a thing?! I'm surprised to see who's NOT on the list - DailyKos. I don't read any of these, so I have no clue. Then there's the omission of my favorite fodder, DovBear. Wishlist: DovBear.
Best Conservative Blog: Lots of excellent blogs, but Blogs for Bush sticks out to me. Vote: Blogs for Bush. Wishlist: Heh. Really? Best of the Web or LGF, if they qualified.

I'll continue this later! Enjoy...

Technorati tags: , , .

2 comments:

  1. I also would vote for Fudge. But what do you expect from a proud Jewish father?

    Maybe you should host your own awards. Call them the "Ezzies".

    ReplyDelete