Pages

Monday, December 05, 2005

2005 *Ezzie* Weblog Awards - Part II

See Part I first...

*EDIT* PsychoToddler says I should call my own blog awards the "Ezzies". I like it. (Duh.)

Quick recap so far:
Best Blog: Vote: Instapundit.

Best New Blog: Vote: Basil's Blog. Wishlist: Heh. Who do you think?! ;)

Best Group Blog: Vote: PostSecret. Wishlist: InterGalacticJester.

Best Humor/Comics Blog: Vote: Cox & Forkum. Wishlist: Fudge.

Best Liberal Blog: Wishlist: DovBear.

Best Conservative Blog: Vote: Blogs for Bush. Wishlist: Heh. Really? Best of the Web or LGF, if they qualify.
And now, on to the rest: (or the ones I care about, anyway)

Best Media/Journalist Blog:
Not even close. OpinionJournal's James Taranto puts out Best of the Web every day, and it's almost always 5 minutes of great stuff. If you have 5 minutes a day, subscribe to the Best of the Web (free). Vote: Best of the Web. Wishlist: Same.
Best Culture/Gossip Blog:
No clue. But this is a big toss-up for me... There's BlogHd, Life of Rubin, Jewish BlogMeister... BlogHead does a lot of this, and gives excellent analysis; Chaim does some, with great analysis; and JBM does a ton, but tends to do only a short analysis. Wishlist: BlogHead by a hair.
Best Military Blog:
I would have voted for the Mudville Gazette, but they got bumped up and out of the MilBlog world. So I have no clue. Wishlist: Mudville Gazette.
Best Blog Design:
I'm really not sure, though all of them look okay. Nothing that sticks out that you say "Wooow...", though. Vote: None. Wishlist: Hirhurim, for great logo.
Best Podcast:
The only one I know of, and would have voted for, is there! Vote: Israelly Cool.
Best Video Blog:
This one is easy. The Political Teen has a few great clips a day of some of the best political or media, usually to make a conservative point. Vote: The Political Teen.
Best Religious Blog:
The only one I've heard of, or care about, is Wandering Jew. Now, if it were up to me, Hirhurim, Maven Yavin, Godol Hador, OntheMainLine, and others would be battling this out. Vote: Wandering Jew. Wishlist: Godol Hador. Barely.
Best Law Blog:
Lots of excellent choices in this one. StoptheACLU, though it's a nice site, does not come close to the SCOTUSblog, Volokh Conspiracy, or Becker-Posner. Then there's the J-bloggers - R2JBlogs, CWY, and PrimaImpressionis. Vote: Volokh Conspiracy. Wishlist: ClassmateWearingYarmulka, for the law portion.
The next few categories, I have no vote. But I have a wishlist...

Best Canadian Blog: Do I know any Canadian bloggers? Not offhand...

Best UK Blog: BlogHd. Easily.

Best European Blog (Non UK): Jewropean would probably get my vote, but he doesn't really blog... so this one gets a blank until I realize someone else is European.

Best Middle East or Africa Blog: Now THIS is the tough one. The front-runners are Ze'ev, Batya, Tel-Chai, and Jameel I'd say. Wishlist: IsraelPerspectives, for now.

I hope you've enjoyed the Ezzies! Perhaps I'll run an actual contest another time... But I do believe there are already a few of those.

Technorati tags: , , .

20 comments:

  1. Wow. That's much appreciated. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. It's a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ezzie... What's this "Israel Perspectives, for now" business?????

    You can't take back an award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a few suggestions.

    The category for religious blogs is too broad. There should be separate awards for goyishe and Jewish blogs. For Goyishe blogs, try the Anchoress. For Jewish blogs the Godol, in whatever incarnation he's in now is definitely a contender, but the Hedyot, if he ever gets back to posting, is also worthwhile.
    Best Military blog-- try Blackfive, Michael Yon, Bill Roggio, Belmont Club, Dignified Rant
    Canadian Blog -- Captain's Quarters isn't a Canadian blog, but he's been covering the recent scandals n Canada as well as anyone.
    Best conservative blog-- add Dissecting Leftism to the list.
    Humor blog.-- Try Overheard in New York, and BlameBush

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ze'ev - LOL! You're right, I can't. But I can award them as often as I want :)

    Anon - Thanks! See, I would have gone for Michael Yon for milblog, but I didn't see him on the list.

    I've never read the Hedyot...

    CQ is good.

    Hadn't heard of the last 2 you mention, will try to at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW: Other great blogs from the Middle East (even though I think Israel Perspectives is a great blog!) include:

    Treppenwitz
    Cosmic-X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. I've read a few posts here and there... but I already read so many!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can I self nominate for best Chablog?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It s a very useful page. Thank you. aa1005754f43bb1f5ea9bb0f09066385
    adilcevaz
    ispir
    acipayam
    demre
    bunyan
    kavak
    palu
    hani
    selcuk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your article, it was very helpful and successful. eabb317c73045db0462a46a4fac44a3f
    sms onay
    website kurma
    numara onay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your explanation, very good content. 036e81c151ca11f859a0a6a113fced42
    altın dedektörü

    ReplyDelete