RightWingNews has the 40 most obnoxious quotes of 2005. They're quite depressing actually: To think that people actually meant what they said in some of these comments is somewhat horrifying. Some choice picks:
24) "I felt like a n*gger." -- Ralph Nader on his run at the presidency in 2004.
17) "I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach. It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry." -- Louis Farrakhan speculates that New Orleans was deliberately floodedThere's more:
12) "In contrast to New Orleans, there was only minimal looting after the horrendous 1995 earthquake in Kobe, Japan—because, when you get down to it, Japanese aren't blacks." -- Steve Sailer
7) "George Bush doesn't care about black people...They're giving the Army permission to go down and shoot us." -- Kayne West on the rescue efforts in New Orleans after hurricane Katrina
2) "If I had my way, I would see Katherine Harris and Ken Blackwell strapped down to electric chairs and lit up like Christmas trees. The better to light the way for American Democracy and American Freedom!" -- Democratic Talk Radio's Stephen Crockett
1) "Real freedom will come when [U.S.] soldiers in Iraq turn their guns on their superiors." -- Warren County Community College adjunct English professor, John DalySick. Check them all out.
Technorati tags: Top, Quotes, 2005.