Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

How i Met the Goldii part MMMMMDCCLXXIV

Of course I forgot to post earlier and after reading all these other posts I'm a little embarrassed to post my version..... Here goes!!


Ever since I "met" Ezzie thru the blog about 4 years ago he's been begging me to come for a shabbos. I always had excuses and never managed to make it for a visit. I think there was one weekend i ALMOST came for shabbos and then something got in the way. Ezzie brought that one up for months afterwards. After about a year of turning down shabbos invites from SerandEz i finally sent THEM an invite, to my wedding.


i couldn't believe they responded that they WOULD attend, and even helped me with some rides for friends coming in from The City. I still appreciate that - it's not easy to do favors in NY especially involving cars!!


When i was working on place cards at my mother's friend's house we were going through the "G"s and my mom's friend said "Hey, Ezzie Goldish, is he the one with the blog? How do you know him??" errr.....


I don't remember the details so clearly, i THINK i remember Ezzie coming over at Kabbalas Panim to say hi, but i could be making that part up. (Seeing as he has no clue about this Purim Shpiel, i can't even ask him to clarify the sequence of events) I probably have a valid excuse for not remembering every single face i saw that day, right?! I remember being surprised at how tall he was.


I *do* remember seeing Serach for the first time -- i was surrounded by loud, clapping, stomping bochurim (thank G-d my brother stood close by to act as a shield!) who were dancing their way backwards across the hall away from the chuppah room. I saw a hand wave at me from behind the mass of black & white suits - I stood on my toes and saw a petite girl in a dark sheitel waving at me. I couldn't figure out who she was until suddenly it clicked, it must have been Serach! Even Elianna was in attendance!

I remember when I was sitting on the men's side watching the shtick fly by (or cartwheel by) some posters appeared, made out of scotch tape (were the cereal boxes yours too? I can't remember). Someone on the men's side made shtick for ME!? Ezzie had teamed up with Gus to make some shtick that *i* would appreciate! He claims he's never made (shtick) signs before, but these were pretty professional.

And that's the story of how i met Serach -- and Ezzie! A few years later we finally stopped in for the Thanksgiving bash, i just remember being so shocked at how quiet Ezzie was and how outgoing Serach was!

Once you meet the Goldii, there's no getting rid of them! they even visited us in our home a few weeks ago, way out in Hicksville. And bought the house next to us!

A freilechin Purim!
Stam/A2 & M2
--
Sent from my iPhone, please excuse any errors

4 comments:

  1. I think there was one weekend i ALMOST came for shabbos and then something got in the way. Ezzie brought that one up for months afterwards.

    Years. You still owe us a Shabbos. :)

    After about a year of turning down shabbos invites from SerandEz i finally sent THEM an invite, to my wedding.

    You forgot that I was "there" when you got engaged! :)

    When i was working on place cards at my mother's friend's house we were going through the "G"s and my mom's friend said "Hey, Ezzie Goldish, is he the one with the blog? How do you know him??" errr.....

    The best part of that story is you mom's friend reads my blog!

    I remember being surprised at how tall he was.

    I'm always surprised this surprises people.

    Ezzie had teamed up with Gus to make some shtick that *i* would appreciate! He claims he's never made (shtick) signs before, but these were pretty professional.

    I blame Gus. ;)

    A few years later we finally stopped in for the Thanksgiving bash, i just remember being so shocked at how quiet Ezzie was and how outgoing Serach was!Once you meet the Goldii, there's no getting rid of them! they even visited us in our home a few weeks ago, way out in Hicksville. And bought the house next to us!

    LOL - yeah, everyone excepts me to be loud and Serach quiet. HA! Shhh... the house was a secret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) c'mon - coming on thanksgiving doesn't get you to stop inviting us for shabbos??? darn it, why did we bother showing up??

    2) you were 'there' when i got engaged but only electronically! how different was that from any other gchat conversation? then again you may have been the first person to sign our OS.com page. that deserves some credit.

    3) um, EVERYONE reads your blog. once a guy i was dating --- oh wait. nevermind.

    4) they'll figure it out sooner or later when the hoards of shabbos guests show up in queens or wherever u live (ny geography confuses hicks like me) and you're no longer there. its ok to admit youre moving to hicksville!!

    see ya around, neighbor

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) LOL. So you can get hooked like Erachet. :)

    2) Hello!! YOU were there only electronically!! :D

    3) HA!

    4) I feel like we'll be tracked down...

    See ya 'round! :D

    ReplyDelete