- Neil Harris asks a great question to which I don't know the answer: Why does mussar have such bad street cred?
- Many have already linked this, but in case you didn't see it yet, The New York Times has a really interesting piece on techeiles.
- Via Diana, this is an awesome news story of a guy who foreclosed his bank: He found that the law requires the bank reply to his request, and when they didn't, he brought them to court - and won. And when they kept ignoring, he won the bank, and put it up for sale.
- Freakonomics links to the best economics papers ever.
- On The Main Line discusses an interesting historical episode: Reuchlin's defense of the Talmud in 16th century Europe, saving it from being burned.
- Treppenwitz sits next to the Queen of Neat on a plane. (It's similar to how I eat on a plane, but the pillow bag is brilliant.)
- Time discusses a test that can actually objectively and accurately test kids (and adults) for ADHD. (Via Daas Torah)
Tuesday, March 01, 2011
EZ Reads 3/1/11
A plethora of interesting posts and articles on a variety of subjects today: