Rather than elaborate much, here's the simplified version:
Note that all but West are signed through 2013, and West is through 2011 and would surely extend that on such a team. Presumably they'd either re-sign Varejao or find other similar players to him and Wallace (expiring after this year) to man the front lines with Bosh and Hickson, and a couple role players to back up the other trio at the guard spots, like Pavlovic and Sczerbiak do now.
- The Cavs win one of if not both of the next two NBA championships.
- Zydrunas Ilgauskus retires in the summer of 2010, content with a rather successful career and a ring or two, and not wishing to sacrifice whatever is left in his feet.
- The Cavs re-sign LeBron for 6 years, $133 million.
- The Cavs then sign Chris Bosh away from Toronto in that amazing free-agent class of 2010, noting that he can still live in Toronto if he wishes and that he and LeBron can be a serious dynasty for as much as a decade.
- For a few years, a Cavs core of James, Bosh, Mo Williams, J.J. Hickson, Delonte West, and Daniel Gibson spends each year as a championship contender if not champions.
What sayeth all of y'all?