Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Counting

Today is the 12th day in the counting of the Omer.

As I write this, my blog is recording hit number 40,000. Thanks to all of you, this blog is a decently well-trafficked blog. When I was writing consistently before Pesach and before Elianna was born, I was averaging about 350 hits a day - about 700 page views. So, after nearly 11 months, some slower than others, this blog has finally reached 40,ooo.

Putting this into proper perspective... that is just 2/3 of 1% of the number of people who were murdered in the Holocaust.

Here's a thought: If a blogger were to average about 3,300 hits a day - meaning a reader every 25 seconds or so - it would take five years to reach 6,000,000 hits. The Nazis managed to murder that same amount of people in about five years.

Think about that.

3 comments:

  1. whoa!! That's a staggering thought..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for rounding up those Holocaust posts. The highway photo realy it home, I am heading that way today and I am sure to find it full of traffic. To think the country really does stop to remember is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - and your post was excellent as well. Thank Irina for rounding them up, not me...

    ReplyDelete