Pages

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

What's On Your I-Pod/DJ20?

Orthomom has tagged me with this, and while it's a bit harder for me to do this, I will change the system for myself a bit to be fair.

Here's how it's supposed to go:
I've seen this meme floating around, but not yet in the J-blogosphere. So here goes:

1. Turn on your mp3 player.
2. Hit shuffle.
3. Put the first fifteen songs that come up in a post. No matter how embarassing. No cheating!
Problems: I don't own an I-Pod. I DO own a Dell DJ20, a 20-GB MP3 player - but I took almost everything off of it to redo it. And, I haven't yet done that because someone stole ALL my music (about 4,000 songs) to copy it all - and hasn't returned it. So I'll look around and see what's here, and put down that. EDIT at (5): Oh, I'll do a shuffle of what's still on my WindowsMediaPlayer.

I'm skipping the extra Beatles songs that kept coming up at (14) - to give it more variety.
From CD Tray in front of me (if there's a song, it came up in shuffle):

1. Carrie Underwood - Independence Day & Inside Your Heaven, from the single
2. Rita & Rami Kleinstein - Shemesh, from Rita & Rami, On Stage
3. Simon & Garfunkel - He Was My Brother, Live From NYC, 1967
4. Sean Paul - Dutty Rock
5. Idan Raichel - Idan Raichel's Project

From Windows Media Player:

6. Unknown - Hummel Gets the Rockets, from The Rock soundtrack
7. Sister Hazel - Think About Me, from Somewhere More Familiar
8. 50 Cent ft. Eminem - Patiently Waiting, from Get Rich or Die Tryin'
9. Staind - Change, from Break the Cycle
10. The Beatles - Back in the USSR, from Beatles, 1967-1970
11. American Idol 4 Finalists - When You Tell Me That You Love Me, from American Idol
12. Frank Sinatra - The Lady is a Tramp, from Classic Sinatra
13. 3 Doors Down - Better Life, from The Better Life
14. Creed - With Arms Wide Open, from Human Clay
15. Linkin Park - Forgotten, from Hybrid Theory
Wow, that actually wasn't an overly embarrassing collection (though I hate #15). Whew...

Hmmm... who to tag?! How about a variety: Shoshana, Ze'ev, David, Robbie, PsychoToddler, JBlogMeister, and Chaim.

Now, I know PT hates these, but seeing as it's music, perhaps this would be a nice insight for the rest of us!

Oooh, Counting Crows just came on... :)

OY: Since a few of those pointed to say they don't have one... If you don't have an MP3 player, then cheat: Put down 15 CD's pointed to randomly, or if you have music on your computer, do as I did and play them shuffled.

UPDATE
: Those who've already done it... Chaim, David, PT, Robbie, Shoshana & JBM. Leaving... Ze'ev. Nu?!

8 comments:

  1. Ezzie... don't own an I-Pod, or a a Dell DJ20, a 20-GB MP3 player... sorry.

    I guess I am not cool enough to do this Meme...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay, I didn't use mine. Use your computer or your eyes...

    It's cool to see how quickly this has spread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. done. from the itunes on my mac.

    ha.



    (but i did it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone's cheating somewhat on this one... but as long as it's random, it's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when certain songs come up - maybe a transition song from a soundtrack or something odd - it doesn't give a good picture of the person- especially, since there are roughly 1,000 songs on my computer I've never actually even heard.

    (I make it a policy never to turn down music that's given to me, and I'm still trying to make my way though all of it... Only a few thousand more songs to go...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why 15 is a good number... it gives a pretty good picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Good selection... top songs from a couple CD's...

    ReplyDelete