Pages

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Sigh...

Started writing a post, but Ser and Kickboxer brought back some crappy movie (i.e. chick flick) from Blockbuster to watch, which means I lose the computer for a while.

There's a great roundup coming later - I was pleasantly surprised to see the excellent posts all over the 'sphere, which is not common on Sunday. Typically, the weekends are slow for bloggers.

Typically, the weekends are slow for bloggers. Which is, by the way, really weird: Are so many people bored at work? I don't get it! If you're a blogger, when do you blog and why then? If a reader, the same. And if you're a lurker, delurk! I want to know what you're thinking!

6 comments:

  1. I blog when I can no longer fight the impulse. Usually about 2:00AM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sitting in front of my laptop all day during class makes it pretty easy to blog...Sundays, well, gotta get some sunshine (and snow)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice a weekly nosedive in hits on my blogs. I figured that either many people visit from work, or they're shomrei Shabbat or both.

    But for me, unless we're away (very, very rarely) for Shabbat, I'm blogging away once the stars are out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh. I think I relate to all 3 of you...

    I can NEVER fight the impulse (much to wife's dismay). But it is definitely easier to blog at 2 (or 5) in the morning, when all the other blogs are pretty quiet...

    It's much more interesting to blog than to go to/work on stuff for class. I still do go, and get my stuff done - but most of it (save the good accounting stuff) feels so inane compared to what I can find online.

    I also get a nosedive - mostly over Shabbos. I actually see a shift as the days get shorter, with the Friday hits getting smaller and the Saturday (night) hits getting larger every week. And with nothing else to do on a Saturday night sometimes, a good post is easy to come by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jack - didn't see yours when I wrote mine... What do you mean?

    ReplyDelete