Pages

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Blog Roundup 12/1 - Looking for a Name

I'm looking to rename the blog roundup, but I want it to have SerandEz (or maybe Ezzie) somewhere in it. Please write any suggestions in the comments - thanks!

It's been a slow day overall, but some good posts are out there as always.
The Gabbai defends himself in "The Gabbai and Homophobia". Save the last paragraph, it's an excellent, honest piece.

PsychoToddler talks about the awkwardness of explaining you're travelling to meet a blogger to "real" people. Priceless hilarity ensues - especially in the comments.

Shoshana reflects on the trials we go through... and the ones we're spared from.

Batya muses with a hilarious cartoon on Sharon, and notes her distress at the name he wisely chose for his party.

Romach points to an intriguing pair of posts at the Volokh Conspiracy regarding religion. The questions are fascinating, and I haven't even had the chance to read through the responses.

Copy Editor writes a long piece of his own, which makes interesting points though I disagree with most of them. He is arguing a la Murtha that specific timetables were lacking in Bush's speech; nobody argues that, but that is precisely the point.

DovBear's readers are riding him [one post of a few today with the same theme] for not letting go of his (false) assertion that right-wing Christians are anti-Semitic for bashing liberal secularism. He feels it's a front for saying "Jew"; I and others disagree, and point out he is the only one understanding it as such. [CWY, Nephtuli, HolyHyrax especially]

The Godol Hador predicts the coming of a new sect of Judaism: Chareidiprax. I disagree, and point out that Orthodox Judaism on both sides is swinging to the middle.

Ze'ev wants to know if he's an extremist. I'm more curious what the non-Jews think on this one, actually...

I like how JoeSettler edited an article. Sharp.

LZ points out the similarities between Chareidim and Conservative Jews at Maven... are we all that different?

Mirty is in search of happiness, and thinks money brings the reverse. Maybe.

Jameel notes the stupidity of people in the tri-state area. New Mexico is in fact part of the US.

S. notes a problem with Wikipedia - a major one. It's scary.
Wow - long roundup. I guess there it's not so slow today after all. Check it out!

26 comments:

  1. Mirty - heh. Cute, but I don't know...

    Anonymousette - Yay!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, c'mon -

    I write something serious for once and it's overlooked!


    I'll link to it myself from here!

    Will I Lose My Dignity?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the "I" is from a song, not particularly about me, but till important nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DovBear's readers are riding him [one post of a few today with the same theme] for not letting go of his (false) assertion that right-wing Christians are anti-Semitic for bashing liberal secularism. He feels it's a front for saying "Jew"; I and others disagree, and point out he is the only one understanding it as such. [CWY, Nephtuli, HolyHyrax especially

    Huh? It funny that you accuse DB's assertion as "false". "[T]he only one understanding it as such"? Read the thread. There were about as many comenters supporting DB as disputing him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robbie - yours was the last one I cut, if it makes you feel any better...

    Krum: You're right, I should have taken out the word only. Originally, I actually said something far stronger, but I changed it for that reason. I didn't realize I left in the word only.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, there's something to be said for being the most important least desired.


    I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. I can't put EVERYTHING good in...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the link.

    I am not sure where things are going in this war, but it is certainly a major, world-changing event and we are not debating it enough.

    You deserve credit for the willingness you show to review other view points.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm actually pretty sure it's being debated enough, though I think most of the focus is on stupid issues - both sides at fault.

    And thank you - I may lean right on most issues, but I do try and understand the other side. I think it's important to do so. More than that, it's just honest.

    You do the same, and deserve the same credit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you mentioned me on your roundup. Im so touched. So this is what its like, when doves cry.

    Anyways, your site is still slow. Can it be cause I have a MAC? Naaaaaaaaaaaah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, a Mac?! No wonder! Plus, I don't care if people with Macs can't read my blog. They don't deserve to. :)

    It's the only way I can get you in, seeing as how you refuse to actually BLOG...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ive realized that one of the conditions to blogging is if you went to a yeshiva or are from the east coast, since the vast majority of the topics revolve around experiences that come from either of those things. If you have neither, than you just got to either shut up and enjoy the ride, or head over to Dovbears site and talk politics. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. But... I didn't go to a really right-wing place (except that brief Israel stint), and I'm not from the East Coast (though I'm here - TEMPORARILY - now)!

    Well, you can always hang out here, HH. I'm nicer than DB, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Temporarily? Where to next, Cleveland?

    And it has nothing to do with right wing. I was just referring to a yeshiva in general, where so many of these hot stories come out from.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, got it.

    No, not Cleveland. We have one strong possibility, but I can't discuss it publicly yet... (oooh, intrigue...!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Like Fox News and the WSJ;s editorial page, this post plays fast and loose with the facts. I am the "only" person who thinks liberals and the ACLU are soemtimes proxy for Jews? I am the "only" person who though Bill O'Reilly's most recent rant was a repackaging of Protocol-type slanders?

    Leave aside the fact that many people, as Krum rightly says, agreed with me in my comment section. Leave aside that other bloggers (including Meryl Yourish) have linked to me approvingly. The material I cited all mention Jews by name! Bloomberg, Lewis, Sorors - almost every attack on liberals I mentioned includes an attack on Jews. Coincidence?

    I demand a retraction and a correction.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Um, Dov - I did so above. What is that you always say about reading?

    ReplyDelete
  18. A retraction and an apology ON THE BLOG ITSELF

    ReplyDelete
  19. Of course the ones you brought up were all Jewish - you were trying to prove your point. You conveniently left out all the attacks on liberals who were not Jewish which were equally as venomous. As we've stated countless times, it's an attack on liberal secularism. That some of them happen to be Jewish is meaningless, not anti-semitism.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We have one strong possibility, but I can't discuss it publicly yet

    Now thats all im going to be thinking over Shabbat.

    material I cited all mention Jews by name! Bloomberg, Lewis, Sorors - almost every attack on liberals I mentioned includes an attack on Jews. Coincidence?

    Until you can show that Orielly has a consistent record of only attacking Jews than keep that snout shut. Ofcourse, always whinning about someone being a racist and anti-semite is second nature to a true liberal, as you often demonstrate, whether the facts back it up or not. Stop being so judge mental. Them being Jewish has nothing to do with his critic and the fact is, you can't proove it. You can only make an assertion like that based on your hatred of Orielly. Ezzie owes you nothing. If anything he owes, its an apology to Orielly for his accusations.

    Ezzie, don't retract or correct a thing. His hatred of any right wing person goes beyond belief. He stills owes Naphtuli a post stating a positive thing that Bush has done right (which he promised him)

    ReplyDelete
  21. If anything he owes, its an apology to Orielly for his accusations.

    I meant "you" owe , not "he"

    ReplyDelete
  22. As we've stated countless times, it's an attack on liberal secularism

    So anything you state is true, and anything I state if false? Ho ho.

    They are attacking liberal secularism, and sometimes it skirts dangerously close to jew-hating, as proven by me, DovBear.

    Also, though you keep denying it, more people on my boards agreed with me, than with you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How about Ezzie's Blog Roundup?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mommy: Ummm... that's actually not bad. The obvious is the hardest to think of. But it sounds kind of egotistical? I dunno...

    DB - Finally, you're agreeing it's focused on liberal secularism and not Jew-bashing/scapegoating. Are there a few kooks who turn it on the Jews? Undoubtedly; but the same happens from the kooks on the left as well.

    I wouldn't say that more people on your boards agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Ezzie, here's a suggestion for your round-up title:

    Ezzie does it... (Like Easy does it...)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Ezzie, here's a suggestion for your round-up title:

    Ezzie does it... (Like Easy does it...)

    ReplyDelete