Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Starter Marriages

Still pretty busy, but I thought this pair of posts by Ariella & Sephardi Lady on frum starter marriages was interesting. As I commented on SL's post, I agreed with G's comment that much of it may be traced to the pressures on people to get married very young (similar to the seemingly very common broken engagements), but not just because people are rushing into relationships without thinking. I think much of it may simply be the 'fact of the matter' - as couples who marry young, often with little to no financial or other worries, slowly (or quickly) run into different situations, financial or otherwise, their lives change may dramatically. After a few years, one or the other (or both) may think 'You know, this really isn't the life I wanted' and decide they want out.

Powered by WebAds