Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Indians & Har Sinai

I love my friend Shraga, whom I grew up with in Cleveland. He currently lives in Israel and is studying forensic psychology. From a conversation we're having:
Shraga: a well known chakira: what/who is the team. Nafka mina: why should I root for the indians. its just lucky that one of the only names I recognize rejoined them this summer
the answer to my question: the team is an entity which not merely the sum of its parts.That's what it means that we were all at Har Sinai
Ez: (i like the answer, but tie in Har Sinai)
Shraga: useful mashal: the cells in your body have been replaced many times since you were born yet no one would say that the twenty year old you is not the five year old you
Ez: (what's the nimshal?)
Shraga: we are all cells in the body called am yisrael who stood at Har sinai. therefore we were there as well. QED
Ez: interesting.so you should root for the indians, too.
Shraga
: exactly! and I do.
Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Did you see this?

    I wonder if Murray Chass's son roots for the Bet Shemesh Blue Sox.

    ReplyDelete