El Al 815?
By JTA Staff
NEW YORK (JTA) -- In the final season of "Lost," the show has explored an
alternative reality, defined to some degree by what would have happened to
the main characters had Oceanic 815 from Sydney to Los Angeles not crashed
on the island.
In that spirit, what if the plane had gone down but it had been an El Al
Well, the plane never would have crashed because the El Al pilots would have
been able to perform evasive maneuvers. But if it had .
* Jack would not have been the only doctor.
* John Locke would have been named Yeshayahu Leibowitz.
* Sayid would have never made it on to the plane.
* Instead of Sayid's makeshift radio, some of the Israeli passengers would
have set up a high-speed Internet link.
* Some Lubavitcher would have shown up before long to open up a Chabad
* There would be more than just one recklessly driven German-made vehicle on
* The existence of a nuclear weapon on the island never would have been
* Gratuitous shots of Kate in her underwear would be replaced by quick peeks
of haredi women sans sheitels.
* The island suddenly would have attracted the attention of the entire
world, with the United Nations accusing the passengers of illegally
occupying territory and using disproportionate force to fend off attacks by