- Howard Smith (senior astrophysicist at Harvard) in the Jewish Week discusses Birchas HaChama, from its science to its spirituality.
- RafiG's daughter was asked to bring to class a unique chumrah they have for Pesach in their house. Comments are hilarious; personally, the one not to have any other chumras is the best (not the funniest). Better to laugh than to be sad that this is what goes on in schools, right?
- Some fun chumrahs. Gotta boil out that stomach!
- On the more normal side, R' Aviner suggets how to cheerfully clean for Pesach in less than one day.
- Chaim links to a great video.
- NMF#7 discusses shopping for meats in Israel, and finds a great site listing all the cuts of meat and their equivalents in Hebrew. She also has a great story contrasting Israel in '67 to now in terms of the abundance of fruit and vegetables.
Monday, April 06, 2009
EZ Reads: Pesach Cleaning - Birchas HaChama & Pesach
Please enjoy the eBook on Birchas HaChama that I was fortunate to assist R' Gil Student of Hirhurim in compiling. It is in printable form here. We certainly found it interesting, and hope you will as well. A few other posts and articles I've seen since which were interesting, either on Birchas HaChama or making Pesach: