Pages

Monday, October 03, 2011

Yes, It Looks Different

It appears the time has come to finally update to the new style of templates, and with G6 talking about it I started perusing the options. I'll still fix it up quite a bit, but meanwhile this is to start out. I believe you can choose your own view from the options on the top left, so enjoy.

One reason I'm switching it up is because this will probably become SerandEz v.4.0 or so, as I mentioned to a friend recently - more consistent, more essay/editorial in style, and more discussion inducing (or not, that's up to the readers). I hope everyone enjoys; if you're still reading after all these years, most likely you will, and thanks for continuing to come back. :)

UPDATE: Reverting for now, since apparently I can't insert any of my sidebar or header items at the moment. I'll switch once they've worked those issues out and/or started to allow widget functionality.

~ Ezzie

7 comments:

  1. Good for you, for taking the plunge!
    I tend to be the type to talk about things long before I'm ready.

    The main reason I'm not switching so quickly, is that I'd lose all my sidebar widgets and content. Joey's Millionaire links generate far too much traffic to depose.

    Since you have your "How We Met Story", I was curious how you'd handle that as well. I see you got it on top, but I'm not sure how you accomplished that. Care to share?

    (Of course, I enjoy your blog from the quietude of Google Reader, so these changes don't really affect me much anyway ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. G6 - That's why I didn't want to switch, but I figure I'll figure out how to include some of it anyway. I hope.

    Pages! Pages are great. That is what you could/should use for his Millionaire story.

    And lol on Reader. :)

    Ser - I know, I will fix... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, weird. It's back.

    (Ha, btw, my word verification is "tulate.")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wordpress is where it is at. Self hosted WP, so many options and so much more control.

    ReplyDelete